Are You Addicted to U2 & INTERFERENCE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on page 16.... what a bad result!!!! :wink:

Not addicted, but curious and on Interference at least 2 times a day for 10-15 minutes...... maybe it's called addiction, don't know...

i only wish i had 50 hours a day so i can go look into every single section on this forum. cos truthfully, there are way too many and i will never be able to visit all of them...

But the key ones I always go look when I'm here are U2 News, Everything You Know Is Wrong, Introduce Yourself, Lemonade Stand (Just The Bang and The Clatter), oh that general forum thing where we blurt our crap about world affairs and stuff (shoot, what's the name), and Music On The Internet. I look into the other only when I have the time..

Oh, look what love has done to me :(:(

Addicted and not specialy proud of it.:nerd:
I got aware of the problem when I found myself reading a thread relating a soundcheck in Canada and realized it was actually taking place right at that time ...
It made me a strange impression to know that the band (and fans) was doing at that precise moment on the other side of the world. Because honestly I don't find it very important :reject:
And I found myself pretty pathetic ... I mean, for example for those who present themselves as Bono fans, what do they believe Bono thinks about us spending hours in those forum bashing for nothing instead of doing something of our lives ?
I know it's a naive question and there are plenty of answers, I don't want to debate, but it's just a thought I have sometimes.
OK for setlist parties thought ... it's more fun than addiction:wink:
2007 goal: don't go anymore on interference at work ! Not sure I can do it :help:

talking about addiction, i've always wondered how long it must have taken some of the people here to get to Blue Crack Addict status, for instance. I, for one, don't really have much to say here or much time to look into all of the pages. Five or six comments a week, and I'm still only The FLy now after four months.

Makes me wonder if the hardcore Interferencers are actually spending their 25 hours a day on this board commenting on everything :wink: :wink: :ohmy: not that it's bad or whatever. just a thought :| :| Perhaps I need to Interfere more and work less :sexywink: :rolleyes: :shrug: :applaud: cos I can't wait to go to the next level....

Last edited:
I spent a whole 3 weeks keeping away from the blue crack late summer. It was painful :slant:

Walk through door>>>laptop on>>>open Interference.

I can quit interference at any time really. I know how I feel about U2, yeah sometimes I wonder what other U2 fans think of this song or that, but I can go without it. I've actually cut back on my visits to u2.com too, now that forum, could've been an addiction but I've cut back a bit. Almost 8,000 posts in less than 3 years...yeesh.

When I started getting into U2, there was no interference.com, might've been Wire? or something like that but I wasn't much into that. The only opinion I read regarding Achtung Baby was that I "had to get it" from someone I was chatting with in a chatroom. Just a general music chat room, that was when chat rooms were really popular, especially with teenagers. I didn't know what other fans thought about October or War, I just knew they were nothing like what was popular among my friends and peers.

U2...not so much, I could maybe go a week without listening to them, but with the radio stations I listen to when I drive to work, that won't happen. :) Sometimes, it's just from listening to the top 40-ish/Pop radio station at work that makes me go back to U2.

Last edited:
The 80s were my addiction period to u2, prob up to but not including pop actually. I almost took anyone saying anything remotely defamatory of u2 as almost personal and i can see it going on in other ppl at times in here. But then ya have kids etc and tht puts things into perspective.
How long has this site been on the go? I been a member a good few years, but distinctly remembering visiting other u2 sites back in mid to late 90s. Great craic in the chatrooms in here back in the early years too. Wonder where they all are now??????????

I think I've become more addicted to the community of this site than the U2 aspect. My fandom for U2 is eternal :love: but I look forward to visiting this site to chat it up with people, debate, and learn new things. And I still come here to avoid doing work :wink:

I am, I can't imagine that I will go to internet and don't visit interference. Every Day I spend here about two hours

tonyhotland said:
talking about addiction, i've always wondered how long it must have taken some of the people here to get to Blue Crack Addict status, for instance. I, for one, don't really have much to say here or much time to look into all of the pages. Five or six comments a week, and I'm still only The FLy now after four months.

:wink: believe me, it's not that hard.... I'm on page 2 of the members list now...

:rockon: addicted and proud of it!

Back
Top Bottom