Are You A U2 Addict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Be Honest

1. Do you ever listen to U2 when you’re alone?
2. Concerning your U2 fandom, has anyone ever told you that you listen to U2 too much?
3. Do you regularly listen to U2 at a certain time of the day or on certain occasions, for example, when you go to bed, when you wake up, before or after a meal, or before or after sex?
4. Have you ever lied about your U2 fandom to family members or friends?
5. Have you ever stolen U2 music?
6. Have you ever done things to get U2 music or tickets that you later regretted?
7. Has your U2 fandom ever caused problems for you with school or with work?
8. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you go without U2 music for a few days?
9. Have you associated with people whom you normally wouldn’t just so you could have access to U2 music?
10. Have you stopped associating with any of your friends because they don’t listen to U2 as much as you?

If you answer yes to three or more of these, you are probably an addict. 4 or more, and you are definitely an addict. So introduce yourself if you are!

Hello, my name is Jon, and I'm a U2 addict.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No, I'm very honest about my obsession.
5. Yes :ohmy:
6. No, and i will do it again!
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Well ... maybe

Hi, My name is ElectricalVoice, and i'm a U2 addict.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Of course
4. hmmmmm don't know
5. Does downloading off the internet count? If so, yes
6. You can never regret going nuts for U2 tix!
7. Oh my yes
8. Oh my yes again
9. Actually yes. They were a last resort of people to go with to a U2 concert.
10. No.

Wow. DEFINITELY an addict. Speaking of which I need my fix right now.

1. Do you ever listen to U2 when you’re alone? - Yes, alot!
2. Concerning your U2 fandom, has anyone ever told you that you listen to U2 too much? - Every day
3. Do you regularly listen to U2 at a certain time of the day or on certain occasions, for example, when you go to bed, when you wake up, before or after a meal, or before or after sex? - Yes, when i get home every day
4. Have you ever lied about your U2 fandom to family members or friends?- no...they all know im crazy!
5. Have you ever stolen U2 music? - Yes, online :wink:
6. Have you ever done things to get U2 music or tickets that you later regretted? - Most defintely
7. Has your U2 fandom ever caused problems for you with school or with work? - Yeah, with other people
8. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you go without U2 music for a few days? - Very heavy sypmtoms of insomina and just plain wackyness
9. Have you associated with people whom you normally wouldn’t just so you could have access to U2 music? - Yeah, all you guys
10. Have you stopped associating with any of your friends because they don’t listen to U2 as much as you? - Yes!

Always.

2. Concerning your U2 fandom, has anyone ever told you that you listen to U2 too much?
Frequently.

3. Do you regularly listen to U2 at a certain time of the day or on certain occasions, for example, when you go to bed, when you wake up, before or after a meal, or before or after sex?
I listen to U2 every waking moment.

I've tried to downplay it and they've seen right through me.

Yes.

6. Have you ever done things to get U2 music or tickets that you later regretted?
Yes.

Yes.

8. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you go without U2 music for a few days?
No. If the question was 'a few hours', the answer would be 'yes'.

9. Have you associated with people whom you normally wouldn’t just so you could have access to U2 music?
It's most likely happened.

10. Have you stopped associating with any of your friends because they don’t listen to U2 as much as you?
Yes. If you don't like New Year's Day, you're not allowed in my house.

absolute addict.....should I consider this my first meeting...when is the next one....if I am addicted to addicts'meetings, is that a whole other addiction?

1. Almost exclusively.
2. No, but people would if they didn't think it'll hurt my feelings (it won't becuase I think it too).
3. Yes.
4. Yes. Deny, deny, deny any obsession with an aging rock band.:wink:
5. Only in the strictest sense of the term.
6. No.
7. All of the time.
8. Few days? Sometimes few hours.
9. No.
10. I'm just glad they haven't stop associating with me because I listen to too much.

So yeah. I'm an addict. I need help.

1. Do you ever listen to U2 when you’re alone? all the time
2. Concerning your U2 fandom, has anyone ever told you that you listen to U2 too much? Yes...my mum really didn't appreciate JT 24/7 for 6 months when it first came out...how weird is she? ;)
3. Do you regularly listen to U2 at a certain time of the day or on certain occasions, for example, when you go to bed, when you wake up, before or after a meal, or before or after sex? Yes
4. Have you ever lied about your U2 fandom to family members or friends? nope
5. Have you ever stolen U2 music? if u include d/l illegally then yes I guess I have
6. Have you ever done things to get U2 music or tickets that you later regretted?no, there are no regrets if it results in u2 music or tickets to see them
7. Has your U2 fandom ever caused problems for you with school or with work?Yes
8. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you go without U2 music for a few days?Yes
9. Have you associated with people whom you normally wouldn’t just so you could have access to U2 music?yes
10. Have you stopped associating with any of your friends because they don’t listen to U2 as much as you?no, but i feel kinda sorry for them ;)

Last edited:
I listen to U2 every hour of my life. Well, that's an exaggeration. But yes, I do.

Oh, you should hear them...

Hmm, haven't really thought about it... but yeah, I always put on UF when I'm writing, come to think of it... Funny, I hadn't noticed. So, yeah.

...maybe. :reject:

Other than downloading it off KaZaA and the like? Well, no, but I guess that kind of counts as stealing... I bought it later, though! (Except Vertigo... haven't bought that...)

No, actually. Not yet...

Oh-ho, yes. I won't even go into that...

:rolleyes: You should have seen me when I went without any type of Bad for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. I thought I was going to die.

Other than you guys? :tongue:

Actually, I'm proud to say no. Mostly cause none of them listen to it. But it does make me happy how much they all like Vertigo.

So that's like 8/10, assuming that 9 is a yes. Well, I'm an addict. (In case I hadn't figured it out yet...)

1. yes
2. yes
3. not at school, but when I'm at home in the summer I do
4. yes
5. does downloading count? if so, then yes
6. not yet
7. I daydream about the new album in class...
8. yes
9. yes
10. no

I guess I'm an addict...

1. All the time.
2. Yes. It inspires me o write, to study, to work, etc.
3. Yes
4. No. I'm too honest and this is something I can't hide - they can see it in my face.
5. Only on the net: don't we all?
6. No, not yet.
7. Yes, occasionally, with both.
8. Yes, I can get anxious or be in a bad mood.
9. Yes: my ex-boyfriend, and my two best friends (this has been a serious problem, believe me!)
10. Yes (ex)!

No doubt, I'm definitely addicted. Lara: U2dependent.
:help:

Last edited:
1. Do you ever listen to U2 when you’re alone?....ALWAYS
2. Concerning your U2 fandom, has anyone ever told you that you listen to U2 too much?...NO ONE HAS SAID THAT BUT I KNOW I DO
3. Do you regularly listen to U2 at a certain time of the day or on certain occasions, for example, when you go to bed, when you wake up, before or after a meal, or before or after sex?..YES, YES YES...
4. Have you ever lied about your U2 fandom to family members or friends?...NEVER,I ALWAYS EXPRESS MY FANDOM
5. Have you ever stolen U2 music?..NO,
6. Have you ever done things to get U2 music or tickets that you later regretted?..NO, BUT I WOULD DO SOMETHING CRAZY FOR TICKETS IF GIVEN THE CHANCE
7. Has your U2 fandom ever caused problems for you with school or with work?..NO, FORTUNATELY
8. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you go without U2 music for a few days?...SURE DO!
9. Have you associated with people whom you normally wouldn’t just so you could have access to U2 music?..YEAH, BUT I TRY NOT TO
10. Have you stopped associating with any of your friends because they don’t listen to U2 as much as you?..NO, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINON OR TASTE IN MUSIC, I WILL PROBABLY INSIST THAT THEY GIVE U2 A CHANCE THOUGH

*****MY NAME IS BONOFOX, AND IM A U2 JUNKIE******

5 out of ten.... :up:

Hi. My name is Blu & I'm a U2 addict - but it's OK 'cuz I don't wanna' get "cured"!!!! :wink:

Be Honest

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. no
6. no - always worth it ( i thgink thats worse than yes)
7. yes
8. yes
9. yes
10. no

IHello, my name is Dianne and i'm a U2 addict

i am not an addic- ::hears U2 song:: -ah, pretty flowers... :sick:

Last edited:
Hello, Hello i'm addicted to U2. And it's everything I ever wanted to know. [addicts don't really make sense you know]
8 out of 10 apply. :eyebrow:
however the 'getting tickets' (#6) will probably happen next year
and anyone I know that may not love U2 (#10) as much as I do, just put up with me anyway. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom