Are U2 winning today???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Are U2 winning at EMA today? What do you think? Here are the categories U2 are nominated for:

Best group:
- Coldplay
- Linkin Park
- No Doubt
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- U2 (i go for U2 here)

Best rock:
- Bon Jovi
- Coldplay
- Nickelback
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- U2 (i go for U2 here)

Best live act:
- Depeche Mode
- Korn
- Lenny Kravitz
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- U2 (i go for U2 here)

Web award:
- U2
- Moby (i think Moby will get this one)
- David Bowie (this would be cool)
- Linkin Park
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

What do you think??? I hope U2 will win, but i doubt it - because MTV SUCKS!
But, i will watch the show, hoping U2 will appear and make some cool speches...

No matter how much I liked to see U2 win every award, I don't think it is likely to happen. They earn them in my opinion, but as far as I can remember they didn't win any award last year as well, did they? All the younger bands won cos most people who are watching MTV wouldn't say that U2 is there favourite band - of course not in any case, but that's what I found out during the years. :shrug: So, the majority of the voters will go for Linkin' Park or RHCP or stuff. I don't think U2 will any award...though I'd be so happy if I was wrong. :hyper:

They won't perform at the EMAs, will they?

I know the answer, I know the answer :dance:

some mod is going to come after me because I don't know which of these threads to post the answer in. :sad:

According to Herbert from U2Guatemala:

Resultados de las 4 nominaciones donde U2 particip? en los premios MTV Europe Awards:

Best Group : Linkin Park
Best Rock: Red hot Chilli Pepers
Best Live Act : Red hot Chilli Pepers
The Web Award : Moby

edited to say: damn...

Best Live Act = RHCP????

What a fecking joke!!

They are awful live!!

I liked a lot of their studio stuff, seen them twice, first time i was drinking and thought they were awful, i put that down to me being drunk but then i seen them again, absolutely awful!!

Fuck MTV. They should call it CMTV, for Corporate Music Television. I hate them, they only play songs that record companies pay them to. I don't want U2 to win.....I wish U2 were never on MTV again....then I'd have no reason to watch that shit channel. Seriously, unless there is a U2 related program on, I don't even consider turning on that channel.

Well, for all the people who were even considering buying the Best of 90-00, after seeing this awards show, they probably changed their minds, think U2 are losers. Their friends won't accept them if they like a band who lost on MTV. Fuck that. Chili Peppers are awful live, I've seen them too. They jump around a lot, but their actual musicianship and vocalship live is awful. And Linkin Park.........I can't even begin to tell you how this pisses me off.

Maybe U2 has lost popularity among the MTV crowd. Maybe U2 went out with NSync, Britney, Fred Durst, and everyone else who is included on the NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC selections in that era. Maybe U2 will have to lay dormant for about a year, and then start the promotion machine again.

adamswildhoney said:
I cant believe that U2 lost to Linkin Park for Best Group! I could see maybe it being Coldplay or No Doubt but Not LP :barf:

uh no, your a complete imbicile yourself, (as i am for my bad spelling) if you think "you could see no doubt" winning.

follower said:
According to Herbert from U2Guatemala:

Resultados de las 4 nominaciones donde U2 particip? en los premios MTV Europe Awards:

Best Group : Linkin Park
Best Rock: Red hot Chilli Pepers
Best Live Act : Red hot Chilli Pepers
The Web Award : Moby

edited to say: damn...

Load of crap. Red Hot is good, but next to U2...c'mon now. :tsk:

It's just not U2's year right now. No tour, no new major record. The Peppers are currently on a huge world tour in support of a fantastic new record so the momentum is building for them. Let them have their day, people! I doubt U2 expected to win anything seeing as how they weren't there. I actually voted for the Peppers because I think they deserved it THIS year. As for Linkin Park--I don't really get it but I liked what the guy had to say in his brief speech. He was clearly surprised and kind of humbled.

Right, I agree, let chili peppers have their day. Now that I think of it, why were U2 nominated for Best Live Act this year anyway?? They haven't played in Europe since before last year's awards. 2004 will be a big U2 year, I can feel it.

Back
Top Bottom