Are U2 Just A Bunch Or Creepy Old Guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
I just noticed that this thread title has a typo!

So which are they more? Just A Bunch, or Creepy Old Guys?

I'm not sure if U2 are just a bunch, but I don't know if they qualify as creepy old guys either...U2, always tough to categorize...

click me again :drool:

shaun vox said:
hahah thats what some one told me !!
they said that their music sounds old(which is true) and that they just look like creepy old people(aka rolling stones)
i think edge and larry look fit but bono looks like a mess(with his hair and hobo clothes lol) and well adam is old.

its not age(look at duran duran)

what do you all think hahahaah!

ps dont flame me im just passing on what ive heard!!

:drool: duran duran
[/random]

sorry. :lol: Simon LeBon is my guilty pleasure..thatd sounded
:eyebrow:

Zootlesque said:
I just noticed that this thread title has a typo!

7 pages in and you just notice?

:huh:

This is just one young female's perspective.

U2 are a bunch...of good looking guys.

Oh yes, even Adam. The Silver Fox is right!

Then again, I thought he was a cutie in his afro days, especially the Red Rocks video!

Bruce Springsteen, he's older than U2, but he looks good too.

Creepiness knows no age, even young guys, in their teens, early 20's, can be creeps.

There were some creepy guys in my high school.

Shaun vox-
You know U2 would be the first and the last ones to tell you that they're not perfect. I think this is ACTUALLY WORKING IN THEIR FAVOR!!!! These guys are more SMOKING HOT than any 22-yr old INEXPERIENCED group of dufuses out there. THey are even HOTTER than THEY were when They were 22!!!

You might need to check the pulse (literally & figuratively) of the 1.5 million (at least) women who paid $100 to see these guys this year and Cd & DVD sales. It would be interesting to get some comments from these women....

Yeah, and the fact that they are rich rockstars have nothing to do with anything right ???. Sure thing 1.5 million+ women would drool over a middle aged man in a beanie or a guy with a greasy semi mullet if they were not in the worlds biggest band.

If John Lennon was not proven to be a musical genius, then i doubt that people all over the world would admire him. If you took away his music then he would have been nothing more than a grumpy guy. And if you take away the music from U2 then they would be nothing more than a greasy mullet, a worn out beanie, a (cheap) pair of shades and a guy who looks 60 ( Adam )

:wink: Dont get upset, because this entire thread is one big joke and so is my little post.

:happy:

Edit: Maybe i should add that i think the guys look good before people go crazy.

Last edited:
Yimou, you're cool -- but don't get it! Just wanted to make a quick point - It totally is not on the exterior that makes U2 sexy (even though I really beg to differ with you on how you think they look.......) It is about what U2 are saying & how they are saying it. The "disheveled" look only ADDS to it!!! You're not right on the money idea. Case it point - Bill Gates.

You know who really looked old? Not Bono, but Gavin Rossdale.

O.K., I know he's probably only in his mid-30's, but his new group, Institute, are REALLY young. As such, compared to these 15-year old looking guys, Gavin looks old and whithered. :sexywink:

:sick: One more thing- I do draw the line at a greasy semi-mullet.
It's gotta go!!!!!!

I happen to one of those 1,5 million women+ you mention and my interest in U2 goes much deeper than their looks. I've been a fan for abt. 18 years and it's always been about the music and the fact that they happen to be hot, especially our man Bono:drool: , is just an added bonus!:flirt:

Pshhh. I like my men old and creepy.

And Adam... Adam is lovlier than ever. The only thing that could possibly be sexier than Silver Fox Adam would be Silver Fox Adam in Pop white glasses and the Pop-Tart shirt. I might just combust.

...And now I'm going to go bury myself in PLEBA.

Here's some serendipitous data from a 6 year old, my daughter, uttered this morning...
she saw my copy of Rolling Stone with Bono while waiting to get on the computer.
she:"Bono wears a necklace?! But he's a boy!"
me: "well, boys can wear necklaces too"
She was clearly focused on the bead-y-ness of it, like the strands of dressup beads she wears sometimes, so I explained a little about how its a special beaded necklace with a cross on it (I didn't want to do a whole deal on rosaries just then).
She looked at the photo a bit longer, smiled at it, handed me the magazine and asked if I wanted to read it...told her I had read some but not all yet, and acknowledged her smile by saying "you like that cover picture?", and she said
"Yeah, Bono looks awesome".
okay, so maybe she just admires a guy willing to wear beads like she does, but I think she most certainly didn't read him as 'old and creepy'!
cheers!

edit: I just looked at the photo again and realize that apparently she doesn't find it odd that he's got not just one but two earrings on! I guess maybe that's getting common enough that its no longer notable..
but she's right about the awesome!

Last edited:
ShellBeThere said:
Here's some serendipitous data from a 6 year old, my daughter, uttered this morning...
she saw my copy of Rolling Stone with Bono while waiting to get on the computer.
she:"Bono wears a necklace?! But he's a boy!"
me: "well, boys can wear necklaces too"
She was clearly focused on the bead-y-ness of it, like the strands of dressup beads she wears sometimes, so I explained a little about how its a special beaded necklace with a cross on it (I didn't want to do a whole deal on rosaries just then).
She looked at the photo a bit longer, smiled at it, handed me the magazine and asked if I wanted to read it...told her I had read some but not all yet, and acknowledged her smile by saying "you like that cover picture?", and she said
"Yeah, Bono looks awesome".
okay, so maybe she just admires a guy willing to wear beads like she does, but I think she most certainly didn't read him as 'old and creepy'!
cheers!

Peeerfect!!:up:

yimou said:
Yeah, and the fact that they are rich rockstars have nothing to do with anything right ???. Sure thing 1.5 million+ women would drool over a middle aged man in a beanie or a guy with a greasy semi mullet if they were not in the worlds biggest band.

If John Lennon was not proven to be a musical genius, then i doubt that people all over the world would admire him. If you took away his music then he would have been nothing more than a grumpy guy. And if you take away the music from U2 then they would be nothing more than a greasy mullet, a worn out beanie, a (cheap) pair of shades and a guy who looks 60 ( Adam )

:wink: Dont get upset, because this entire thread is one big joke and so is my little post.

:happy:

Edit: Maybe i should add that i think the guys look good before people go crazy.

yimou :drool:

They ARE old - my gawd they've been around for 25 years - which is longer than a lot of people on this board....however, I love 'em - I love 'em - I love 'em :yes:

I think a lot of folks are cooler as they get older. Dumbledore, for one. :wink:

I also think it's funny that this thread blows away all the rest in number of posts...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom