Are there any U2 songs that......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shine Like Stars

Babyface
...you just cant listen to because they conjure up bad or painful memories from a particular time in your life? Two years ago during spring quarter of my freshmen year at college I listened to Achtung Baby everyday. It was seriously the only cd i listend to for 3 straight months. I was totally into this girl at the time and she ended up dating another guy and breaking my heart. Anyways....anytime I hear 'Trying to Throw your Arms around the World'now for some reason it brings me back to that time and gives me that 'ol heartbreak feeling. Sometimes I just gotta skip past the song when im listening to the cd. Oh well...if there's any album that would be good for emotional heartache I guess it'd be AB.
Just curious if anyone else has any such songs.

Another twin-citian! Welcome.

I can't say that there's any U2 song that brings up painful memeories, but sometimes I can't listen to Bad. For me, if I really listen to that song, it's really an emotional experience, and sometimes I just don't have the emotional energy to be able to handle it. It's still my favorite song, though.

Hrmm... good question.

Sometimes I can't take the emotion in EP&America, Bad and One.

But those are some of my favorite songs in the world, so I have to just suck it up and dream out loud a little more.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

I'm here! Twin City fans from Interference unite! (btw, keep tuned for an attempt to organize a gathering soon)

I sometimes can't listen to So Cruel from AB. It reminds me of how I felt during my break-up. Actually, add WHRYWH to that for the same reason. But I guess it depends on my mood. There was a time after that experience when I couldn't listen to any U2 at all because it reminded me of him too much. *sigh* But thankfully, I got over it.
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Back
Top Bottom