Are Brains Sexy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ormus

War Child
Well?

So what does it come down to for you? Would you prefer some a dumb, but drop dead gorgeous model type that makes you completely melt with lust or someone with some brains with average good looks?

I'll be the first to admit that looks do count to a degree, but how much do they count to you?

Honestly, I could never fall in love with someone I didn't consider to be an intellectual equal, or at least close, but that's me.

Ormus

Well I have to agree that looks are an added bonus. But if you're not attracted to someone, then you'll be missing that 'spark'.
But I tend to find that if the person has a good personality, and great sense of humor, then that makes that person even more attractive.

smile.gif

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Brains matter very much to me. I would like to be with someone smarter than myself. But judging from my life experience so far, brains are not a priority that most guys are looking for in women.

That was all rather conceited on my part
biggrin.gif

Someone's going to tell you to put this thread in some other forum like Lemonade Stand. Or maybe not. Actually, the most popular threads here appear to be the ones that have zero to do with U2.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Well, lets see

I have lots of brains
I in love with myself
Therefore, I love brains!

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Well I have to agree that looks are an added bonus. But if you're not attracted to someone, then you'll be missing that 'spark'.
But I tend to find that if the person has a good personality, and great sense of humor, then that makes that person even more attractive.

smile.gif

I'm about to hit the hay (alone-*waaah*)so I'm just going to agree what the Second Lemon in Command said.
smile.gif

Looks are important, but a sense of humor and intelligence will last longer and make a better impression.

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Brains are very, very important. I know plenty of extremely physically attractive women who I just can't stand being around because of their [lack of] personality and intelligence.

That said, looks do matter to an extent and are usually the first thing that captures my attention. But that attention is very short lived if the brains aren't there to back it up.

do you like big butts wanderer? like some other brothas can't deny??

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Hmmm beautiful women who are smart actually exist !lol

Example: all of my friends are very pretty (imho) and I think they're quite smart.

As for me: Well, I have to find the guy attractive, and I have to find him interesting...but if both these elements are not there, well it's not going anywhere...

Originally posted by mikal:
uh oh

------------------
This place is too addicting.

I'm only addicted to two things.
One, I mentioned above.
Two, serving up frog legs.

------------------
Walka walka walka

I agree with Naya!

The guy must interest me in someway! I like guys who can carry a good conversation on anything! I admire that a lot. But to an extent I need to be attracted to this person too!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

It's like this, 'kay? (Let me bring this neatly into U2-topic territory while I'm at it.) I work in retail. I watch hundreds of guys, ALL DAY LONG. Cute's nice and all... But didja ever notice, when you spend some time talking, the brainier (AND more soulful) he or she proves to be, the better lookin' they get!?
Confession: Always loved Bono's soul, his voice, his brain. But I went years without watching videos (R&H didn't affect me, for some reason) or seeing them up close live, and I never found Bono "beautiful", aesthetically. This year, (1) Elevation 2001, and (2) I got a VCR. Okay, I finally get it! Fell good and hard. All that brains & soul in Bono at 41, and my libido's all over it: Gimme one o' those!

steamin' up my room now --
Deb

------------------
***the goal is Soul***

Oh yeah, Ormus:
I only glanced at this thread 'cause I dig a man who knows literature, baby. (But if there's a Vina in here I'm gonna have to kick her ass. No, wait -- I am undone by the beauty of her voice. Damn.)

Deb

------------------
***the goal is Soul***

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
Hot models can be intellectuals too.
biggrin.gif

And I'm living proof.
biggrin.gif

Obviously, brains are incredibly important to me. I'd have it no other way.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

If my fiance was just a pretty face, I doubt he'd be my fiance.

However, I've got the whole package here.
smile.gif
I'm so lucky!

------------------
PLEBA: It's Just A Stinkin' Forum!!!!!!! Yeesh!!!!!!!

Well, most of these answers were expected, but there was a television commercial once, where this woman talks about how much she'd like a guy who is smart, cultured, sophisticated, etc., and she was writing about it in a notebook of some sort. Then this hot guy drives up in a fancy car, she throws her notebook away, and drives off with him.

So, think about this again. In practice, do you love brains over beauty? Or is it just something that sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in reality?

Ormus

Back
Top Bottom