April 13th 1978

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
From Hotpress:

They were fun to dance to, but the School Kids have more than a few wrinkles to iron out before they'll leave a lasting impression.

On the other hand, U-2 have only one big problem, conquering the ?fast-is-good' fallacy that plagues them now. Already possessed of a fine rhythm section, a tangible identity, and a promising vocalist U-2 managed to negate the impact of their originals simply by playing too fast. What could well have been very clever songs sounded unintelligible and indistinguishable.

A glimmer of U-2's direction may be gleaned from the inclusion of Wire's "Mannequin" in their set, and if U2 can slow down long enough to be heard, they could step to the fore of the Dublin music scene.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

WOW-that's just amazing to read.

I guess they did 'step to the fore', eh?
wink.gif

Originally posted by AM:
From Hotpress:
if U2 can slow down long enough to be heard, they could step to the fore of the Dublin music scene.

hehe. Just maybe. But I doubt they'll ever be more than a bar band around Dublin.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
hehe. Just maybe. But I doubt they'll ever be more than a bar band around Dublin.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

-sula

er... there is something I?ve gotta tell ya....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

hehe, that review probably was right on the money

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-08-2002).]

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I saw this thread and thought, "What's my birthday doing up there?"
eek.gif
(That is my actual b-day, year and all!)

Then I read the actual thread...lol Cool...it's fun to read old stuff like that.
smile.gif

imagine, U2 playing gigs even before you were born
biggrin.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom