Appreciation of Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Because you never no how good you really have it until something shows you differently.

While in my little pause from here in the last hour or so, I rec'd a very disturbing phone call from my mechanic about my car. It seems things are far worse than I was aware and I am faced with a very harsh but inevitable decision to make.

After the phone call, I went outside for a much needed cigarette to ponder my consequences, when I notice smoke coming from 3 properties down. Now I am at my parents' house, and they live out in the country so it's about 1/4 mile away and all I can see is smoke billowing up through the trees. I call 911 and they tell me its a house-fire 3 houses down.

So I walk down the country road to where the firetrucks are and try to peek, and all I can see from the road is a big pretty house in the distance burning down to the ground.

I hope those people are okay, I never met them and don't even know at this point if they were even home. It is still burning and the rain stopped probably not too long before it caught fire.

I guess my problems aren't so bad after all.

September 10, 2001: I got mad because I didn't like my new haircut and because I had to re-start my computer.

September 11, 2001: Lights go down, everything changes.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

awww, z edge! (((hugs)))

Sorry about you car and those poor people's house but I am glad you were able to gain some perspective on your situation.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Back
Top Bottom