Appreciation of Exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
What an awesome song! It completely changes your mood when it comes on, and the lyrics and everything just rock. It is such a chilling song. How does the rest of the interference crew feel about Exit?

Edit # 3.. What is it about? I can gather as much, but does anyone know exactly?

Also.. ive been discovering songs lately.. first was Running to Stand Still, then One Tree Hill, now Exit (Yes, all from the JT) but from all the albums aswell. What other songs tend to fly below the radar but are awesome?

(Also, the tone, lyrics and everything make me thing it would be absolutley perfect for some movies out there.. does anyone know if it has been in any? Or do they even do that?)

Last edited:
He went deeper in to black.

Deeper into white.

COULD SEE THE STARS SHINING LIKE NAILS IN THE NIGHT.

:rockon:

One of the best U2 songs ever, in my opinion. Simply amazing in every concievable way. Some people complain about the mixing on the album, but I just look at it as an excuse to turn it up louder - the way it should be played anyway. :wink:

I love this song..it's great live, but the album version has it's own dark atmosphere. I have a friend who hates U2 but loves this song.

btw, Im still laughing since I found out that what Bono's singing at the end of the R&H version is Gloria, the one by Van Morrison! not really a perfect fit, imo. :laugh:

Great live, although the album version is a bit off..probably due to the fact that it is so damn quiet compared to the other songs on the CD....

This is one of the best songs ever. Especially live. The edge's guitar:drool: Adam's bass:drool:

Exit is amazing, one of my favourite songs. Possibly the darkest song U2 has ever done. The bassline, though just three notes, is incredible. So creepy. I could gush about this song forever.

"so hands that build...can also pull down...the hands of love"

*EXPLOSION OF AWESOMENESS!!!*

Don't ask for meanings behind songs at this site. I've come to learn that we're all clueless.

I love the verses. Some of the best work U2 has ever done. :drool:

It's too bad about the fact that I have to have my CD player on Volume 15 too hear it though.

You know he got the cure
You know he went astray
He used to stay awake
To drive the dreams he had away
He wanted to believe
In the hands of love

His head it felt heavy
As he cut across the land
A dog started crying
Like a broken hearted man
At the howling wind
At the howling wind

He went deeper into black
Deeper into white
He could see the stars shining
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing
Healing hands of love
Like the stars shining from above

His hand in his pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
In his heart he could feel
It was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love
Oh my love
My love

See the hands that build
Can also pull down
The hands of love

COBL_04 said:

His hand in his pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
In his heart he could feel
It was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love
Oh my love
[/i]

Love that part!!! :drool:

Cooper 2000: it's about a religious fanatic who misunderstood "the hands of love".

Too quiet on the album, but good live.

Yeah, it is quiet on the album

But still an amazing song

Scarred the hell out of me the firs time I actually listened to it. I would always wonder, on teh JT album - why did it get quiet?

ANd then i'd listen, and get a little scarred.

But I think it is an essential peice to the JT masterpeice. REally amazing song, well placed in the album, and a gem, really.

You just have to sing along when you heart it

".... Like a broken hearted man... In the HOWLING wind..... In the How-el-ling wind....."

Exit :drool:

Exit live :drool: :drool:

I love the bassline of this song and the drums and the vocals. Oh what the hell, I love everything about this song!

I love when he added in Van Morrison's Gloria at the end... it felt so perfect. I sing Gloria when I hear it play on my iTunes shuffle at the end. :reject:

GLOOOOOOOORIA... G-L-O-R-I-A-GLORRRRRIA...

Yeah, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom