Apple - U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they're thinking it's inevitable that it will be leaked soon anyways, so they may as well release it early on Itunes and get some cash instead of waiting for people to illegally download it for free?

Yeah that's a lame idea LOL.

Releasing it any more than a couple days before the album would be disastrous i think. There are some things that technology can't take the place of. I love walking into that store, seeing it in the display, picking it up, waiting in line, seeing others with it in their hands, giving them a nod of approval, getting into the car, driving home as fast as possible, sitting down at home, rip into the celophane, pop it in, smell the booklet, and settle in and look at the booklet while listening for the first time.
pre-loaded iPod my ass!!! LOL :)

After all the trouble they're taking to protect it, does anyone here seriously think they'll release it early in any form????

U2 don't need the money.

Releasing it simultaneously on iTunes and in stores would be a big news story though.

there's definitely a lot of buzz on this because at macrumors.com, the server is too busy on the U2 Ipod section.

The Apple Store (store.apple.com) is down right now too.

We are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour.

Excitement mounts.... :)

off topic while we wait, my computer crashed and i didnt get to backup the vertigo ipod 2 min ad, does anybody have a link that i can download it from

http://www.apple.com/ipod/u2/

indexfrontbackse10262004.jpg

to update, all U2 will be made available in a digital boxed set at the end of november on iTunes. U2-iPod purchasers get a $50 coupon toward that purchase.

so no htdaab, or anything else for that matter, preloaded

Last edited:
Yup--CNBC (the TV network, not the site) is going to run a story about Apple & U2 after the commercial break right now.

notice that Adam puts a $ sign in his signature?

A little crass, given that it's going to be on every U2 iPod.

Maybe he's just acknowledging it's a sellout.

are we going to have to buy it!

From apple: "An iTunes exclusive: More than 400 tracks spanning the band's career. Get every album plus 25 rare and unreleased songs — all in one digital box set."

Oooooo.....U2 teams up with a big corporation and they are sellouts. Come on !! I don't care one bit about this partnership. It's not like they are teaming up with a Nuclear Waste Dumping Company or pitching the latest Smith & Wesson handgun.

I want to buy this, but I understand I-tunes are not available in Canada. Is that the case, or am I mis-remembering something?

Back
Top Bottom