anyone with any info n this u2 unreleased album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleaner71

Babyface
i bought this cdr in a record store and it says u2 unreleased album 89/90..has 13 tracks and i have never heard these tracks before as i have all the singls and albums..can anyone help me with a tracklisting or some info?email/msn me at cleanprophet@hotmail.com thanx...........

It could be Soul Preacher

U2 / Soul Preacher (Unreleased)
01-Montgomery's Visit - 5:35
02-Get You Down - 4:19
03-Wake Up (Part1) - 5:18
04--Stearing Wheel - 1:03
05-Feel Free! - 6:34
06-Did you wanna! - 4:02
07-Wake Up And Take Me Down (Part2) - 7:38
08-Doctor, Doctor! - 1:54
09-Don't Say Goodbye - 5:11
10-Heaven And Hell - 6:45
11-Get Together Now - 9:16
12-Hi Has A Kite (Salome) - 6:00
13-Jitterbug Baby - 3:51

Soul Preacher is ''The Best of '' Salome: The [Axtung Beibi] Outtakes bootleg. All of the songs on Soul Preacher bootleg are also included on Salome: The [Axtung Beibi] Outtakes bootleg, which has 3 discs. Some of them have different titles, because titles were named by fans and don't represent what U2 might have actually titled the songs.

Interesting read - http://www.livedaily.com/artists/discography/album/R 313590.html

I was thinking it could be either outtakes from some era or mixes. I've not heard of most of those tracks tho I'd be interested in hearing them if you'd be willing to share? Or you could email to me. Thanks!

cleaner71 said:
think this could be it..the 1st track is an instrumental

:yes:

Carek1230 said:
I was thinking it could be either outtakes from some era or mixes. I've not heard of most of those tracks tho I'd be interested in hearing them if you'd be willing to share? Or you could email to me. Thanks!

I will upload it;)

"Wake Up and Take You Down" (or "Wake Up and Take Me Down") is AWESOME. Yes, it's just the embryo of "The Fly" and the bastard brother of "Lady With the Spinning Head", but Bono singing a duet with Bono is just good stuff. Definitely my favorite unreleased track!

Nisse said:
it's a bunch of more or less crappy Achtung Baby demos I think

One of the best things U2 never finished was "She's gonna Blow Your House Down" from the Achtung Baby demos. If you have ever heard this track then you wouldn't be describing that as crappy. Beats the shit out of the whole of the last 2 albums thats for sure and they didn't even finish the song. Oh hang yeah apparently they kinda used it on All Because Of You, fuc#in ruined it is more of an accurate description.:wink:

Skoobz said:
"Wake Up and Take You Down" (or "Wake Up and Take Me Down") is AWESOME. Yes, it's just the embryo of "The Fly" and the bastard brother of "Lady With the Spinning Head", but Bono singing a duet with Bono is just good stuff. Definitely my favorite unreleased track!

i agree :drool:

I love the Salome Outtakes. Two things about them piss me off, though:

1). We need the whole U2 community to agree on one friggin' set of names for these songs. Every time I hear a name I dont' recognize, it makes me wonder if there's a song that I don't have (even though I have the actual original CDs!).

2). No one in the world seems to want to trade or share Discs 5, 6, and 7! :mad:

Utoo said:
I love the Salome Outtakes. Two things about them piss me off, though:

1). We need the whole U2 community to agree on one friggin' set of names for these songs. Every time I hear a name I dont' recognize, it makes me wonder if there's a song that I don't have (even though I have the actual original CDs!).

2). No one in the world seems to want to trade or share Discs 5, 6, and 7! :mad:
1. i agree! and some of the titles i've heard are positively :huh: it's like someone didn't like the title they saw on their bootleg and decided to name it something else and it never really caught on.

2. from what i've heard, i wouldn't want them. nine versions of salome just on the three disc set is enough; i think discs 5-7 are just more versions of salome :giggle:

KhanadaRhodes said:
2. from what i've heard, i wouldn't want them. nine versions of salome just on the three disc set is enough; i think discs 5-7 are just more versions of salome :giggle:

Yeah, I know. :wink: Actually, they're probably even more 'boring' than that---it's mainly drum loops and stuff like that, I believe. Here's the description that seems to be floating around on most sites (and re-discovered by Lynn!):

Disc 4: (All New)
01. Back Mask U2 (Drums/Synthesizer) [5:48]
02. Back Mask U2 (Drums/Synthesizer/Vocals) (Tech: 4 Click, Get rid of that little tamborine/Bono?: Standing in the lake at night...) [7:54]
03. Back Mask U2 (Drums/Synthesizer/Vocals) (Bono?: Can you hear her standing there...Ya, this is the middle somewhere) 7:22]
04. Back Mask U2 (Drums/Synthesizer/Vocals) (Bono: Same as D3 T02, but longer) [8:21]
05. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World [3:14]

Disc 5: (All New)
01. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish Fast/Acrobat'ish) [6:25]
02. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Very Mothers Of the Disappeared'ish) [6:13]
03. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Kinda Depeche Mode'ish) [5:50]
04. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Similar to D5 T02, but slower/lower) [6:10]
05. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Familar but I Can't Place It) [6:05]
06. (Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [5:57]
07. (Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:11]
08. (Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:13]
09. (Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:11]
10. (Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [6:12]
11. (Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [6:08]

Disc 6: (All New)
01. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish
Fast/Acrobat'ish) [6:10]
02. (Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [5:59]
03. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:06]
04. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:04]
05. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [7:06]
06. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:49]
07. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:07]
08. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer/loop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:02]
09. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer/loop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:13]
10. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer/loop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:20]
11. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer/loop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6:15]
12. (Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [4:07]

Disc 7: (All New)
1. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish Fast/Acrobat'ish) [6:20]
2. (Drums/Faint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish Fast/Acrobat'ish) [6:03]
3. (Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [5:58]
4. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:02]
5. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [5:59]
6. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [7:05]
7. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:46]
8. (Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6:04]

Actually, a VERY kind soul has put them up on another site!! :D :hyper: :bow: I'll put them up on a save file once I finish downloading them all!

Back
Top Bottom