Anyone who thinks Vertigo is just an early version of Sometimes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you even heard the new album?

Do yourself, and us, a huge favor and help yourself to a fuckin listen because you're talkin like a fuckin retard

spencr00 said:

Do yourself, and us, a huge favor and help yourself to a fuckin listen because you're talkin like a fuckin retard

only i'm allowed to dish out insults around here. know your role.

Sorry, If I had known that was your job I would try to aim my excrement a bit more toward the bowl.:wink:

I thought the irony was obvious. I'm sorry. I have seen a lot of negative posts about the new album and U2, and I find some of it rather strange - like someone is taking everything negative and just looking for something to talk badly about. From little things fromBonos hair to everything U2 stands for. I'm not talking about ordinary critic ...

Yes I've heard the album, and I love it. And I certainly don't think Vertigo is an early version of Sometimes. Of course I don't. I thought it was obvious.

spencr00 said:

Yes I was talking like a f***in retard. That was the whole point.

Sorry that the irony drowned.

Last edited:
ElectricalVoice said:
Wouldn't surprise me ...

When I saw this, my immediate thought was "this must be a pisstake - nobody could seriously think that".

Added later: Well, I thought it was obvious!

Last edited:
I picked out the two most different tracks on HTDAAB. You see?

First I asked:
"Anyone who thinks Vertigo is just an early version of Sometimes?"
And then I said:
"Wouldn't surprise me."

As in: Wouldn't surprise me if some people here actually thought that.

Look at my previous posts and you easily see that I often have defended U2. If you can find a negative post from me about U2, then tell me. You won't find any. Probably a blind follower.

This was a defending-U2-post. I know what my intentions were when I posted. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I was making fun of the negative people around here - that is the negative people that finds everything about U2 bad.

spencr00: Too bad you feel that way. My apologies. Not intended, though.

Lancemc and quadcaster: I still think it's obvious that it's irony.

sallycinnamon78: Thanks!

My apolgy to those I have insulted. Though not intended.

bono_man2002 said:
Well when you really think about it .....

"hello, hello"
and "Its you when i pick up the phone"

are about as close as it gets :lol:

it kinda rhymes, kinda not lol

nar this is silly, vertigo is a rockin song while sometimes is a quiet song and b'sides which sometimes was written first, when bono's father died :(

I see it.

Sometimes is the sequel to Vertigo.

Vertigo ends with "kneeling" and that is a defenseless position. So Sometimes says that it is a "tough" position and the persona is willing to "take some of the punches" for the person on bended knee.

So the guy goes to a wild party (Vertigo) and ends up kneeling but then someone comes to the rescue.

Lyrically, Vertigo IS an early version of Sometimes.

It sure is really clear to me. I don't see why people don't get it.

Even musically they are similar. The verse of sometimes has a chord that goes one key done (it's A to G i think) then the chorus of Vertigo also has a pattern that goes one keep down (E to D).

Also while the person in Vertigo says "I can feel" - he is asked if her can not only feel but also hear ("can you hear me when I sing").

I do see the connection. I find the name-calling unecessary and violative of the forum rules.

Cheers,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom