Anyone see U2 on channel 4 prog tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
The Best Selling Artists of the 2000's in the UK, U2 were at number 18. They came out with the usual crap about Pop being their worst album and they had to get back to the 80's sound for ATYCLB, so they brought back Lilywhite to get them that hit single. That is exactly what they said and Lilywhite said that U2 use him to get hit singles. Think it goes to prove that U2 as a serious musical act are finished when all they are obsessed with is getting hit singles. And their past 2 albums prove that they are on the slide. It absolutely pisses me off when they say that the Pop album and era is their weakest album and that they alienated a lot of fans. This is absolute bollox! What it did was alienate part time fans who just like hit singles, the same people that U2 were trying to rid themselves of in the early 90's when Bono came out with the "we might lose a few pop kids, but we don't need them" speech. Oh well, the next album will be filled with hits no doubt, probably produced by Lilywhite and the Sugababes and maybe co-written by them as well!:wink:

XHendrix24 said:
Yes, it's not as if the whole point of making "Discotheque" was for it to be a big #1 single or anything like that.

:blahblah:

Discotheque is a far better song than anything from the 2000s. A far more adventurous attempt at sounding a bit different than the coke riff soaked 2000 era shit anyway....beautiful day etc:wink:

Hey some twat on this programme I'm watching just put Robbie Williams in the same breath as John Lennon & Kurt Cobain. Heheheh fuc#ing heard it all now! I must be having a nightmare I will wake up in a minute I am sure. Blooby Williams one of the greatest songwriters of all time....hehehe heard t all...oh bloody hell the british public sure does like shit music!:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom