Anyone one else anxiously awaiting U2's follow up to HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
HTDAAB is such a great album but I've listened to it too many times on repeat mode already! Now, I've had my fill and I can't wait for the next album. Anyone else feel this way? What kind of music do you want or expect for the new album? As for me, I think Bono's old lost October notes might come in handy to the follow up of HTDAAB, and we'll get a more raw sounding U2 with more Christian themes like Grace and Yahweh.

Cheers,

J

Hah! Someone's getting impatient before the album even hits the stores?

Earlier today, I was wondering how U2 were going to manage to top this album ... and then I decided to just turn COBL up and see where time will take us.

I always look forward to new U2 releases... but not yet.
For now, all i'm concerned about is getting the new album, and for HMV to deliver my Vertigo stuff even though they were meant to be here two :censored:ing days ago :/

I would be interested to know which direction U2 will take after HTDAAB. I don't think it's a case of them not being able to top it, but they've visited so many styles over the years, that it's like having a musical genre jukebox when you eventually have all the albums. I think HTDAAB reminds me of Zooropa/Achtung Baby, and ATYCLB reminded me of The Unforgettable Fire/JT, so maybe there will be a Pop-esque album.
Or, maybe not. ;)

:huh:

only you J... :D

Nah seriously I haven't even thought about it. I figure we have a couple of years to argue and nitpick about HTDAAB before getting impatient for something new. :sexywink: Of course this is coming from someone who hasn't listened to HTDAAB yet.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
We've got new COLDPLAY and OASIS albums coming out to keep us company for a while! :D

Oh please...! I'd rather replay Joshua Tree a million times then listen to the drivel put up by those U2-wannabes-but-never-will-bes.

Cheers,

J

jick,do you want other 4-5 years suffering?? are you sure?? don't you feel tired? :wink: :wink: ................i don't have listened to the album yet, i'll wait till it's in the stores, then i'll buy it and i'll make it bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeed for the next 4 years! :wink:

Jick just for you I think U2 should bring out the follow up album in 3 weeks. Had your fill! Give me a break. I like Oasis and Coldplay but I'm looking forward to enjoying the album for while yet and can't wait for the tour.

U2, should release an album every 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macphisto777, i think you're keyboard is broken....

unless they Zoo TV us , and put together an album in another shoot period of time...it wont happen again.
I'm happy to wait 4 Years (for an album) , if it sounds as good as HTDAAB.

J, since when on earth were Oasis U2 wannabe's? You haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Tizer said:
J, since when on earth were Oasis U2 wannabe's? You haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Actually you are right. Oasis aren't U2 wannabes. They are just economy versions of the Beatles - perhaps in the same vein as Jet. I kinda mixed up Oasis and Radiohead. It's Radiohead and Coldplay who are the U2 wannabes - with the former being too talentless and the latter too one-dimensional and cold.

But I'd rather listen to HTDAAB numerouns times and give myself reruns of previous U2 albums (even the godforsaken POP) before I'd listen to the drivel put up by these new bands who claim to be the next great band.

Cheers,

J

neutral said:
:huh:

only you J... :D

Nah seriously I haven't even thought about it. I figure we have a couple of years to argue and nitpick about HTDAAB before getting impatient for something new. :sexywink: Of course this is coming from someone who hasn't listened to HTDAAB yet.

I don't think we should really be into the business of nitpicking albums. Let's just listen to HTDAAB in its entirety and judge based on that. When you start looking for details or nitpicking for stuff, then you lose the enjoyment and the joy of being in the journey.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Anyone one else anxiously awaiting U2's follow up to HTDAAB?

paulrg said:

I'd like the mother of all rock albums next please

I think we are talking about U2 here, not Iron Maiden.

Cheers,

J

Don't give me any wanna be shit. Oasis is a fucking awsome band. Definately maybe fukin rocked, Morning Glory was self explanitory and they more than redeemed themselves with Heathen Chemistry, that album was brilliant. Look at it bluntly, they make fantastic music, don't bring their so called 'attempted aspirations of U2-like status' into it. It doesn't mean shit.
As for Coldplay, they are almost God's IMO. Every song they done including B-sides is just brilliant.

AussieU2fanman said:
Don't give me any wanna be shit. Oasis is a fucking awsome band. Definately maybe fukin rocked, Morning Glory was self explanitory and they more than redeemed themselves with Heathen Chemistry, that album was brilliant. Look at it bluntly, they make fantastic music, don't bring their so called 'attempted aspirations of U2-like status' into it. It doesn't mean shit.
As for Coldplay, they are almost God's IMO. Every song they done including B-sides is just brilliant.

Yeah I love Oasis. First album i got was (Whats the Story) Morning Glory......

But I'd like to see them challenge themselves by releasing their own POP, something which challenges the way music fans percieve the band.

And the new Coldplay album! When? What's it called?

When U2 releases an album that don't sound like U2, you complain. When U2 releases and album that sounds like U2, you complain. I'm getting tired of seeing young Strokes, Vines or Coldplay fans trying to be U2 fans. Come on!

Coldplay and Oasis are great.

Radiohead used to be great. They lost me.

U2 is U2. There's Barry Bonds, and then there's everyone else.

I think they could go and dream it all up once again. Then hit us with sth totally different, like AB was... :drool:
(I don't even mind waiting some 4-5 years - if it's good).

And please, stop saying shit about Coldplay! :mad:

Back on topic...

Have to agree with J here. Maybe that's the best review I can give this album: I can't wait to see what they're going to do next.

After ATYCLB, I was a little wary. Great songs, but nothing (outside of Kite) that really blew my mind the way I remember JT, AB and POP doing. I was bracing myself for HTDAAB to be more of the same; some good songs, maybe one or two great ones, but most likely just another refrain coming well after the main verses and choruses of their career.

Having finally heard the album, though, my mind has been blown, once again, and I have hopes, once again, that their next album will do the same. If I didn't want to see them play these new songs live so much, I'd wish them right back into the studio.

starsgoblue said:
Oh goodness....why don't we all just kidnap the band and chain them up in a studio and make them create music 24/7 to satisfy our addictions. :rolleyes:

That's by far the best idea I've seen on this board.:applaud:

jick said:

I don't think we should really be into the business of nitpicking albums. Let's just listen to HTDAAB in its entirety and judge based on that. When you start looking for details or nitpicking for stuff, then you lose the enjoyment and the joy of being in the journey.

Cheers,

J

Oh I wasn't referring to myself nitpicking. You're preaching to the choir... :wink:

mwheelonh said:

That's by far the best idea I've seen on this board.:applaud:

:laugh: Bring out the gimps!

No, but in all seriousness....what I am REALLY looking forward is to seeing how these songs will grow and attach themselves to the band as they perform them live this tour. I believe when you take the songs out of the studio and on the road is where the songs really mature.

When will the followup to HTDAAB be coming out? They must have some outtakes they can work with to make rock n'roll Zooropa to follow it up.

Seriously, though... Since we be thinking in trilogies... the War period, the Joshua Tree period, the Achtung/ Pop period, and now the ATYCLB period... it would be cool to think that U2 would release a Zooropa styled/ sized equivalent of ATYCLB in a year or two. Make it filled with rock songs with a harder edge and stuff. Of course it would all depend on whether or not HTDAAB is a hit or not.

Back
Top Bottom