Anyone likes "Bad" and "Red Hill" covered my Dream Theater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sledgehammer

The Fly
I really like these covers.

Dream Theater is a very special band and they're U2 fans! When they choose not to play difficult progressive music, they write simple beautiful songs. Some of their softer moments are influenced by U2 too, like "Lifting Shadows of a Dream", "Hollow Years", Through her Eyes" ect.

Anyone heard of them? What do you think?

------------------
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." JFK

I have heard their cover of Bad and some of their other songs, I appreciate their talent as musicians. But as far as the cover I didn't really like it, it was played well but didn't seem to have much soul to me. I like what they do but I don't listen to it very much.

I'am with Johnny on this one. They are pretty good but I dont care for their cover of Bad all that much.

The only cover of a U2 song that I have heard by a major act that I really enjoyed was Collective Soul performing I Will Follow. It is kind of a hard rock version of the song.

If you can find I Mother Earth covering U2 on Exit, I think you'll be surprised. It kicks ass... almost as good as original. (but not quite!)

Cash's cover of One is cool too

------------------
Pictures in grey...

I can't remember if I heard Dream Theater's cover of Bad or not, but I did hear RHMT. It was ok but nothing special, if I remember right. They're an interesting band though. Kind of like Queensryche but not as good as Queensryche at their best. I saw Queensryche live some years ago (six! holy cow!) and it was really quite a remarkable show.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I can't remember if I heard Dream Theater's cover of Bad or not, but I did hear RHMT. It was ok but nothing special, if I remember right. They're an interesting band though. Kind of like Queensryche but not as good as Queensryche at their best. I saw Queensryche live some years ago (six! holy cow!) and it was really quite a remarkable show.

"Promised Land" is a masterpiece.
wink.gif

------------------
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." JFK

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:

"Promised Land" is a masterpiece.
wink.gif

I saw them on that tour! It was coolness. But the best for me, of course, was Silent Lucidity. I just about cried. Though almost as good was the very last song they played, Someone Else, the last song on Promised Land. But I only have Operation Mindcrime and I hardly listen to it
frown.gif

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Back
Top Bottom