Anyone know Skinny Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
At least that was what he was referred to in line in Pittsburgh.

He's this one fan that looks EXACTLY like Bono, less 50 pounds. He's got the greased back hair, the permed ends, the stubble, the goggles, the face..... I felt so stupid when I got home realizing I has not taken a picture. :(

Does anyone know who I am talking about?

WalkOn21 said:
I did read about some look-alike offering to be photographed with fans at a concert. Some people even went home thinking they were on a picture with the real Bono. :laugh:

:giggle: But also kind of sad that fans actually thought that they were getting a photo with Bono and didn't realize that it wasn't him.

onebloodonelife said:

:giggle: But also kind of sad that fans actually thought that they were getting a photo with Bono and didn't realize that it wasn't him.

:| I would hope real fans would know the difference.No offense if anyone here did that:wink:

I saw a guy who looked alot like him, talking to the folks in front of me in GA in Pittsburgh. He was alot taller than The Real Thing.

Skinny Bono was offering people in the GA line vegetables, dips and cashews while we were waiting. I saw him in the ellipse - it must have been good karma to share the food!!

If he was second row center on the ellipse in Pitts it was Gabriel :lol:

Actually it HAS to be him cause he did come around with a bag of cashews :lmao:

www.october.ca

You talkin bout me! huh huh?? :wink:

Everything points in my direction....except for the part about me going around offering to take photos - I never do that, people ask me all the the time but we're doing it for a laugh, or if they want to try (and likely fail lol) to fool their people back home..

And goddammit why won't anyone eat my snacks!!!! :mad:

hehe

:wink:

oh yeah - "permed ends" ??? you mean hair? God I wish I could get rid of these silly curls - my hair does that naturally when its newly washed..all the ends do a flip up..any tips so it doesnt curl up? ladies?

Last edited:
You have to blow dry your hair. If you let it air dry then your natural curls :drool: will "show". By blowing it dry (I would use some conditoner for damage control) it will strighten your tips.

BTW.... I love cashews:wink:

gabrielvox said:
You talkin bout me! huh huh?? :wink:

Everything points in my direction....except for the part about me going around offering to take photos - I never do that, people ask me all the the time but we're doing it for a laugh, or if they want to try (and likely fail lol) to fool their people back home..

And goddammit why won't anyone eat my snacks!!!! :mad:

hehe

:wink:

oh yeah - "permed ends" ??? you mean hair? God I wish I could get rid of these silly curls - my hair does that naturally when its newly washed..all the ends do a flip up..any tips so it doesnt curl up? ladies?

eh.....I guess if ya twisted my arm hard enough LOL..

here are a couple of ones I dont think I've posted before...a rare moment with no glasses on too ;)

redguitar.jpg

camping.jpg

Back
Top Bottom