Anyone heard the "Numb: Give Me Sum More Dignity Mix"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
I just checked it out at U2.com and wondered what everyone thought about it?

I can't believe they cut Edge's vocals from all but one verse! What is that?

Well, you can't expect a nine-minute remix to be very much to the point.

I thought the introduction sequence was a bit long, but the answer machine recording was cool.

Bono mentioning that he wants to "use the string section" as the strings begin playing was interesting.

Gospelish voice ala Moby's "Natural Blues", was affective.

"Too much is not enough" built the song up and it was off to a good start. The rest of song sounds completely different from the original with the exception of the momentary Edge vocal.

Danospano said:
I thought the introduction sequence was a bit long, but the answer machine recording was cool.

Bono mentioning that he wants to "use the string section" as the strings begin playing was interesting.

That was not Bono speaking in on the answer machine, but Rollo. The song was remixed by Rollo and Rob (D?). Rollo is the man behind Faithless and many other dance hits (Felix's Don't You Want Me) and he is the brother of Dido.

Gospelish voice ala Moby's "Natural Blues", was affective.

"Too much is not enough" built the song up and it was off to a good start. The rest of song sounds completely different from the original with the exception of the momentary Edge vocal.

I haven't listened to the song in a while (I have it both on Melon and the Special Brew compilation (on the last one it doesn't have the intro)). I think it's a very good remix, not too dancey, but it sounds very interesting, not much like the original. I don't know if it's as good as the Soul Assassins Remix (which brings the song into hiphop territory), but it's nice to have.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom