anyone have a transcript of the "edge and the owls" radio interview?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
the one they have on the Achtung Baby documentary?
i remember seeing a transcript of it on here a couple of months ago, but cant find it now.

if anyone could repost it, i'd be very greatful. :)

thankyou so much!

"and that would be the bard owl..."

The radio interview you're thinking of (with Mark Goodier, BBC 1, 13 Feb '92) is available online, but that's not where Edge made the "barred owl" comment. In the AB documentary, they spliced much later footage of him touring a bayou by boat (and hearing the owl) in with footage of the BBC interview, in which he talks about the furry vole and how it eats owl droppings.

It made for a funny juxtaposition, but there's no real-world connection between the two incidents.

Originally posted by yolland
later footage of him touring a bayou by boat (and hearing the owl)
I just remembered that an alternate take on this incident (the only one I've ever seen) appears in BP Fallon's U2: Faraway So Close. It's not an "interview transcript"--more like a journal entry--but it does clearly refer to the same incident, complete with photos etc. I don't own the book, but now that I think of it, I could swear I remember Fallon quoting Edge as saying "That's the bird owl." :hmm: I'm inclined to think he misunderstood though--it's definitely a barred owl heard in the film.

i have a vague memory of this. :scratch: probably on a tape somewhere at home. /not helpful at all.

i remember laughing at the bard owl thing, though.

^ That's the radio interview I was referring to, but as I said, not where the "barred owl" comment comes from.

Back
Top Bottom