anyone get lucky with Providence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
damn phone lines.... anyone?

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

I have never been to Providence yet
but when I do, I probably will get lucky

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Nope.

Did GAs for Providence really sell out in 6 minutes?

nope 22.5 mins and counting-wait! oh yeah Iam thru shit but no ga floors!!only g.c.s shit god damn it Pass!-db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
nope 22.5 mins and counting-wait! oh yeah Iam thru shit but no ga floors!!only g.c.s shit god damn it Pass!-db9

Yeah, I couldn't get through until about 10:10 (on the web). When I did, I got the "we are unable to process your order...we may not have the tickets you are looking for" error message for my 1 GA ticket order.

I then looked for "best available tickets" and saw plenty of GC's available. Having been on the floor once before, though, I'm not willing to pay more $ for inferior seats.

Thank the lucky stars for Propaganda (I hope).

i got that message at 10:01. nice.

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
A 2nd show was added on the ticketmaster site but it says onsale 9/29 12:00am??

When was this posted??? I don't remember seeing it this morning.

Tickets for this show are apparently on sale now.

Originally posted by speedracer:

They went on sale 10:19 AM EDT and are out of GAs.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 09-29-2001).]

Originally posted by speedracer:

Yeah, I must have caught the site as they were adding the show and hadn't fixed the time yet.

Originally posted by Salome:
I have never been to Providence yet
but when I do, I probably will get lucky

LOL @ Salome!!!!

I got 2 GA's. Didn't even try for the first show. I just logged right into the second show and kept refreshing the page and they came up. The second show did say it went on sale at 12:00am, but that was a mistake obviously because I got mine around 10:20 or something...

Just got back from the TM outlet. I was 7th in line, couldn't get anything besides 2 $85ers behind the stage. The FIRST guy in line was told that GA's were sold out. Now that's bull****!

Mike

I finally got lucky. What a nerve racking morning tho. The first time I got thru for 10/30, I get the tics, entered billing info(well within 5 mins.), then because their damn server took sooo long to respond, I lost the tics. I was FUMING!!! Has that ever happened to anyone? Then the second show went on sale (IT'S ON SALE NOW!!!) and I kept trying, got 3 hits for seats I didn't care for so I cancelled and just kept trying. Finally, I got sec. 119 right next to stage, so I snatched them. WoooHoooo....I'm still shaking....

[This message has been edited by ZOOTB (edited 09-29-2001).]

i had no luck on ga's either. i selected GA's and it said none avail the first time i ordered
and i only ordered 1

I got 4 good 85 dollar seats for the 31st - the second show literally went on sale right in front of me - and GAs were already gone. I cant complain though - I'll be there!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

I live in Boston, so I drove down there to wait in line in person. I got there around 8:00. I would have arrived there earlier, but I slept in a half an hour, there was an accident on I-95 south, so I lost a half an hour there stuck in traffic, then I missed the Downtown Providence exit. Doh! The first show sold in less then a half an hour, and by the time I got to the window, most of the second had sold out. I asked for two 86 dollar tickets, but either the guy didn't understand me or they were out by the time I got there, because I got two 46 dollar upper deck seats behind the stage. Bummer. I don't mind though, as I have already been to three shows with GA already, and I am definitely going to a fourth somewhere (Propaganda kicks ass!!!). I just thought I'd go for it and see what happens, but luck wasn't on my side today. I don't even know if I will go, that is a decision I will make later.

MORAL: There are much worse things in the world than not getting GA tickets to a fifth U2 show in one year.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Zooropa140 (edited 09-29-2001).]

My God! I kept tryin 1st for 2 GA floors then I went back and entered 1 and got 1 for Prov#1.
I can almost hear Bono belting out "Halelujah"!-like he does at the end of Walk On.And I am running another lap on the Heart-(in my dreams)- as he is doing so.

Praise be to Jesus and to his brother-"BonoVox Hewson".

See some of you folks there..

D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-29-2001).]

Had a really nutty experience from the walk-and-chew-gum category with TM this morning. I called in on 2 phones and actually got through at EXACTLY the same time. The crazy part is that the timing was so exact that the first 4-5 questions the TM operators asked (phone number, name, etc.) were absolutely simultaneous, so I just held both phones to my mouth and answered once! After that, the more experienced operator went faster so I had to think fast to hang in there with both conversations, without letting on that I was "cheating" on each operator. For a while I was certain I'd blow them both. But I did hang in there and managed to get 2 excellent Gold Circle pairs to 10/31.

One more thing: reading the posts above, I should add that in the many call-ins I've done over the years, the second (added) show has almost always gone on sale immediately. In this case they started to sell 10/31 before 10/30 was completely sold out (behind the stage was still available), which is common. Sometimes they wait a few days if they're not sure if they want to add the last show (for instance, there are still rumors they'll add a 3rd Chicago date for 10/18), but I can't think of any time when they've set a time for the second show on the same day (like Noon in this case, apparently) and waited until then to sell. The point being, if you're pretty sure they're going to add a second show and you're offered bad seats for the 1st show by the TM operator, ask for the second show right away - if you're wrong about the 2nd show you will risk your 1st show tickets, but if you're right then you'll get the best seats for 2nd show that are available to the general public.

I got two GA floors for 10/30 about 10 minutes after they went on sale. Kind of weird, first I indicated GA Floor the second they went on sale, immediately the webste said they were out. I then switched my preference to "any ticket at $45 level" and it immediately came back with Seat Location (SECTION GAFLR). I wonder why 10 minutes earlier it had said they were sold out? Hope all of you that missed out can get your tickets thorough PROP

Back
Top Bottom