Anyone ever stay at the Clarence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes - it is a bit pricey - but a nice place. They have great bathtubs! The TeaRoom has lovely food. The Octogon Bar is cozy.

Well worth it for a treat - be prepared to spend around 500-700 euros for stay and food. Unless you can get a package deal, which they sometimes offer.

stonecircle said:
Yes - it is a bit pricey - but a nice place. They have great bathtubs! The TeaRoom has lovely food. The Octogon Bar is cozy.

Well worth it for a treat - be prepared to spend around 500-700 euros for stay and food. Unless you can get a package deal, which they sometimes offer.

thanks, got a deal of about 440E for a 1 bedroom suite. will probably eat elsewhere though.

My brother and his wife stayed there when they vacationed in Dublin last year.
Their package deal was very expensive but well worth every penny spent.
I remember that once they returned home ... my brother mentioned that he would go back there in an instant and spend the same amount of money all over again because their accomodations were so-ooo GREAT !! :up:

I stayed there for one night in May. I really enjoyed it, had a great view from my window overlooking Dublin and the Liffey. Breakfast was brilliant, as were the cocktails at the Octagon Bar :drool: Rooms are nice and you really have to wear those Clarence bathrobes, which are in each room *g* Bit pricey, but it was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I really liked it. (was my last night in Ireland after staying there for 4 months- so it had to be sth special for the last night ;))
By the way- I think the cheapest way to book a room there is through the Clarence homepage.

Bona Vox said:

By the way- I think the cheapest way to book a room there is through the Clarence homepage.

you're right. i e-mailed the hotel and they offered a rate E120 higher than the website.

I stayed there for a week in 2002. Would go back in a second. The best bed I've ever slept in and the breakfasts were spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom