Anyone ever do the "Zoo Confessionals"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Anyone ever go into the zoo confessional booth? If so, what did you confess, if you don't mind sharing, and was yours blasted during intermission on tour?

Was it? I was under the impression that anyone was allowed to do it. Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong.

I've wandered over there and discovered a thread Muggsey started. Mugs was mad about allways being the 'thread killer' so me and several others volunteered to be substitutionary thread killers and basically it is now the thread that will never die... Swing by and say hello if you want! :wave:

concert goers got to do the confessionals, i don't know how people were chosen or if they just got to go into the booths themselves.

I can tell you that the confessional at the December 4 '93 Auckland show was open to the public, during the afternoon and the first of the support acts. The line was so long it was ridiculous, and I didn't do it (too much shame!). There was a great confession from a guys whose girlfriends teeth or bracers got stuck on his zipper, made the stadium laugh! Oh boy, good times :)

My confession was broadcast to 60,000 people in Cardiff Arms Park.

starsgoblue said:
I've wandered over there and discovered a thread Muggsey started. Mugs was mad about allways being the 'thread killer' so me and several others volunteered to be substitutionary thread killers and basically it is now the thread that will never die... Swing by and say hello if you want! :wave:

ahh the good ol' thread killer confessional. stars and i are addicted.

saltwaterkiss26 said:

Well, I certainly hope it was a good one. :wink:

I still wince at the memory of it.. I was the last confession shown, and my main recollections are :

1. the horror of seeing my face on such huge TV screens (I had just shaved my head for the first and last time in my life).
2. Lots of laughter and my freinds around me and lots of strangers recognising me and pointing.
3. Going very very red indeed.

Wow. That sounds really unique. I'm starting to get the idea of how the Zoo confessionals but I must've been around 9 in that time.

I want to know all about this. Did they show your face and the audio? Oh man, why would you do that? That would be like announcing something to the world.

Can you give examples of what kind of confessions people gave?

TheBrazilianFly said:
But what was your confession? :wink:

oh that... erm.. well..

I think it was something about having a strange attraction to sheep. :ohmy:

....my tongue was in my cheek I assure you !

We Welsh are (often & annoyingly) accused of being "sexually attracted to sheep" so I thought I'd throw that in.. maybe my 18 year old self was being 'ironic' - Zoo TV style (!) but I think there were more than a few English in the crowd who found it rather amusing... :)

On one of the bootlegs I have, from Dublin, someone says that during Desire, he and his girlfriend shagged underneath the stage. That was interesting.

I hung out with a guy who was working for U2 and he said that what happened was he had to go through all the confessions and pick the best ones to show. Unfortunately one night he picked a video where a girl performed an oral act on her boyfriend. You couldn't see what happened but you knew where she was I gathered. At any rate, Bono was really pissed off about it.

starsgoblue said:

They are talking about the actual confession booths from the shows on the Zoo TV Tour...hence the name of Interference's confessions forum.

Yes it was a stunning porta loo contraption with some very subtle leopard skin interior decor!

I also recall some lesbian snogging being shown at the Cardiff show which caused one of the loudest roars from the crowd of the whole concert!

Another (English) guy said, "I came all the way to Cardiff, and wanted to buy a souvenir, but all I could find was this: (from the bottom of the screen he lifts up a small wooden spoon*)".

The crowd then BOOOOOOOOED in loud unison (and laughter).

*the wooden spoon is awarded to the team in the annual RUgby 5 nations that get the lowest score out of England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France... at the time Wales were in posession of the proverbial wooden spoon! (Wales are a huge rugby nation and this was their homeground!)

Back
Top Bottom