Anyone else think the damn thing was merely misplaced?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I bet it's just sitting inside Bono's Sinatra-Cd-case.

...or something. :eyebrow:

They made such a big deal over this it's starting to get annoying. It hasn't surfaced anywhere on the net, why wait?

They made a big deal because they thought it was stolen.
Some skeptical fans and critics accused them of staging it.

The truth is, probably, due to the fact that there has been NO leak, that it was lost.

I wouldnt expect to hear anything but the single, sometime at the end of August, leaked to radio or the net, or both.

Well, I dunno about the lost CD thing, as the story I read was that it was playing on a CD player during a photo shoot, and then the band went outside to shoot more pictures and then came back in and it was gone.

How do they misplace it in that scenario? It's a clever marketing idea to get fans in a frenzy for the new album....that's all.

As if we weren't already.......:drool:

Ok, Reggie, I'll play devil's advocate.

"How do they misplace it in that scenario? "

What if when the band went to shoot the photos, the people back at the party put in another CD, and placed the CD in a place where it wasn't found. Therefore it was misplaced or lost. Potentially they had no control over what happened to it once they left it somewhere.

I have a hard time believing this was intentional. If the band wants to leak something, they have 10,000 contacts who would know how to either, put it online, or get it to the radio. Also, those contacts would be able to leak 'certain' tracks like what happened on POP, therefore preserving the uniqueness of purchasing and hearing the album for the first time.

The biggest evidence to go against the fabrication theory is that the head of Universal Music UK actually made a statement about this. It would have NEVER gotten that far if it weren't true.

It's either lost, stolen by someone who doesn't want to share, or it was fabricated. I have a hard time believing the last two options.

I honestly don't care anymore what happened to it. I'm just itching for OFFICIAL news of album title, first single, track listing, and the dates of when this will all be available to me. U2 tour dates might be nice to learn as well. :wink:

Ah, U2DMFan, I think that U2 is very powerful. Powerful enough that whatever they say would be echoed by those who have an interest in them.

Now, I'm not saying this is fact, but everything points to getting the media machine rolling for an album that is still months away.

Again I say, "clever marketing".

My aunt, having seen a video of the making of the Joshua Tree which said the Edge kept losing tapes, thinks the Edge just lost the darn thing.
That's my aunt's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom