Anyone else miss the 80's? (80's appreciation thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

The 80's were a great and special time for U2! They achieved and sustained greatness, and they were in heavy airplay on MTV when the M really stood for music!

Of course this a good time for U2 as well, but I have some very fond memories of the 80's, and in some ways the feelings I had for U2 when I fell in love with them back in Red Rocks, and was head over heels for by Live Aid, can never be matched.(That doesn't mean I'm stuck in the 80's, only that I love those days dearly.)

Let's use this as a chance to share memories, or just appreciation for those of you who weren't old enough. Give it up for 80's U2!
smile.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

And 1984 was an especially great year.

1. U2 released The Unforgettable Fire (my second fave U2 album) and Pride (my favorite U2 song of all time)

2. My girl, Madonna, hit it big

3. ...and, uh... I was born
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
And 1984 was an especially great year.

1. U2 released The Unforgettable Fire (my second fave U2 album) and Pride (my favorite U2 song of all time)

2. My girl, Madonna, hit it big

3. ...and, uh... I was born
biggrin.gif

Yeah, 1984 was a great year
smile.gif
I really miss the 80's.

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

1984 was a great year for albums. Some of my other favorites from that year were Bryan Adams's album Reckless, Bruce Springsteen's Born In The USA, and Bon Jovi's debut album.

something i miss is that MTV always played British groups. When I first got MTV, some of the first videos I ever saw were Duran Duran and Boy George. And videos were very exciting to just watch for hours then. Now MTV virtually never plays anything British, its a miracle Kylie Minogogue and BBMak ever got on there. Videos are also not good like they were in the 80s. Some were so cheesy and stupid, with little stories, but that made them endearing. U2 would probably not be put on MTV today if they were new. Wham, Wake Me Up Before I Go Go, every man in America hated and every female loved.

Stuff I liked about the 80s:

The Legend of Zelda (the NES game)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the cartoon)
The state of Michigan's utter dominance of the basketball world in the late 80s (Michigan wins NCAA title in '89, Detroit Pistons win NBA titles in '89 and '90)

That is all.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 03-31-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom