Anyone else herre concurr that "How to..." is the worst album name - ever???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anyone else herre concurr that "How to..." is the worst album name - ever???

God, it is so bad.

Come on, guys. There is still time. Without an official realease we can somehow come up with some sort of rally and hopefully change somebody´s mind over at U2's management.

It's sooo ludicrous. It cannot be.

Anyone else with me??

:rant: :banghead:

Ha, you got to be kidding!

I love the title! In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. And guess what? You'll come around soon and agree with the rest of us that it is a great title.

Re: Anyone else herre concurr that "How to..." is the worst album name - ever???

BrownEyedBoy said:
God, it is so bad.

Come on, guys. There is still time. Without an official realease we can somehow come up with some sort of rally and hopefully change somebody´s mind over at U2's management.

It's sooo ludicrous. It cannot be.

Anyone else with me??

:rant: :banghead:

no.

PowerSurge said:
uh-oh! here comes the onslaught.

*hands BrownEyedBoy a helmet*

you'll be needing this.

I think he'll be needing more than a helmet. Maybe some full blown body armor as well.

ARE YOU MAD?

It's the best U2 title ever, with the possible exception of Under A Blood Red Sky and Zooropa.

I'm glad it's not something crap like Pop.

asstattoo014.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.:wink:

Worst album name ever? Not by a long shot. I have 8 words for you:

The Chocolate Starfish and The Hotdog Flavored Water.

HTDAAB doesn't even come close..

i think it's brilliant. it totally makes you think... that fact that you don't like it so strongly is exactly what an album title is supposed to do...bring out emotion...even if it is negative.

I think the title has something to do with this being their last album. They figured out how to dismantle an atomic bomb...that bomb being U2....once it goes off its done.

Sure, lets ask them to change the name, cover art, press kits, promo materials and everything else they've taken 4 years to complete. We can wait a few more months while they redo it all, can't we? :rolleyes:

Its not my favorite album title ever but but its not going to keep from me listening to it.

I bet if AB never existed and thats what the new album was going to be called, bet a few would of been slagging that name off too! But look what a masterpiece that turned out to be!

By the way that tattoo says "worst tattoo ever"

It's not the best name. It's cumbersome, and kinda cheese with love being the answer. But U2 have alway had strange album titles: Achtung Baby, Zooropa, The Joshua Tree, Pop, ATYCLB. It'll probably feel better when the music puts it in context.

Nah, but I've always though that "All that you can't leave behind" was an abysmal album title. It's finally grown on me a bit (mostly due to just how great an album atyclb is but still...

I'm with you.

It's the cheesiest U2 album title ever. The fact is...if we dismantle our atomic bombs, Western Civilization is over. The title is too shallow for my tastes.

anyone else here concur that this thread is stupid? The band chose the title for a reason, so let's wait and see what the reason behind the name is. I'm sure it'll all make sense then.

I think my username gives away my opinion of the album name :p However, I don't think the album title matters much... I mean, Pop is a pretty crappy album title, especially since the album wasn't really pop at all...however it was the album that got me into U2 and remains one of my favourites. I'm sure all you nay-sayers will get used to the album title eventually :happy:

I'm gonna be honest here. I know they think they are being original and funny but I don't like the title at all, it sounds really stupid and shallow Like someone already said. But that's -my opinion-, and yeah i think it's the worst u2 album name ever. :down: Now, the music is another story, i just hope the title has nothing to do with the "mood" of most of the songs.

Last edited:
People thought Achtung Baby was a shit name too when it came out. After the music was proved to be brilliant, nobody really cared.

i'm sure once bono goes on a rant of why U2 named their album "HTDAAB", you'll all praise the name.

just like the music, you have to let it grow on you.

Back
Top Bottom