Anyone else here interested in singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sperber

Acrobat
As my U2 fanatism is about to enter the 3rd year I already started with collecting as much singles as I can get hold of. No matter if I already have all the songs on other recordings I have to buy it! Do I need help? Am I alone with this phenomenon?

BTW I already own 25 singles!

------------------
beLIEve

Around December the 5th.You don?t mean the canadian edition ,right?

------------------
beLIEve

Not bad, but I own the stuck singles and for "Walk on" just being an edit I did not want to waste money on that. Rather on the aussie versions of the Stuck-singles or the french version!

------------------
beLIEve

Yes, I have the Aussie Stucks too, I just happened upon the Canadian "Walk Ons" very cheap and got them for collector's sake.

~U2Alabama

What's the deal with Stuck singles in Canada and Europe? Are they coming out? Have they come out? Did I totally miss something?

I have the Stuck singles from the UK. I have them instead of the Walk On Canadian singles. The B-sides are exactly the same. The Stuck singles were just available (at more expensive import prices) before the Walk On singles were. So I didn't wait.

I love singles, but I don't bother buying them if I already have all the tracks on another single. I just love having songs on official CDs, but I don't have to have ALL the official CDs.

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

Today I'm going out to get the Elevation single with the 3 tracks from Irving Plaza (which I already have on a boot)... fanatic. crazy. amen.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Sperber--

Don't worry, you're hardly alone!!! Trust me, no matter how crazy you get, there will always be someone crazier. Personally, I stick to CD singles, and I've got all of 'em from beginning to end, pretty much... I was lucky enough to get interested in U2 in the early 90's when they still had tons of the special import editions of all the 80's singles on CD, which are now out of print. That stopped mattering so much when the b-sides disc with the Best Of came out, though. But, still, I mainly collect just for listening to the b-sides, so if a CD single is made up entirely of songs I already have, I often don't buy it.

Singles are the best!!! Better than promos because you don't have to scramble to find them or suck up to DJ's and record store owners, but they're still official so you get more U2 than what's on the albums in a legit way!

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

I have to admit, though, when I first saw the topic line for this, I thought it would be another matchmaking thread!!!
wink.gif

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

OK now I?ll show my list in detail

Beautiful day B-sides
Stuck in a moment B-sides
Elevation B-sides
Elevation Remixes
Elevation Tour edition
Sweetest thing Twilight and Catdubh
Discothequ? 2 * Holy joe
Discothequ? Remixes
Staring at the sun B-sides
Last night on earth B-sides
Last night on earth Remixes
Please Popheart EP
Please Dirty day mixes
If go will send... B-sides
HMTMKMKM
Lemon
Stay Swing format
Stay Live format
The fly Alex and Lounge mix
One B-sides
Mysterious ways Remixes
Even better... B-sides
Even better Remixes
Who?s gonna... Special edition
Angel of Harlem 3 inch
When love... B-sides

All the above listed are on Cd

------------------
beLIEve

Hello,

My name is Martijn Janssen and I'm an U2 addict. There, that is my confession.
I still have the urge to one day have all the tracks (380+) U2 has released officially on their original releases. So yes, I'm also a singles addict (I've got 4 Stuck singles, 4 Elevation singles, 4 Please singles, 4 Discotheque singles, etc.). Singles are cool
smile.gif

You are not alone

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I also collect singles, as many as i can get (money is usually the deciding factor in that). currently i have:

-Where the Streets Have No Name (UK)
-All I Want is You (AUS)
-The Fly (CAN)
-Even Better Than the Real Thing (US)
-EBTTRT Remixes (UK)
-Mysterious Ways Remixes (US)
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (US/GER)
-One (US)
-Lemon Remixes (AUS)
-Numb Video Single
-Numb Promo (2 song with album version and edit)
-Discotheque Remixes (UK)
-Discotheque (Holy Joe mixes) (UK)
-Discotheque Remixes/Holy Joe (US)
-Staring at the Sun CD1 (UK)
-Staring at the Sun CD2 (UK/AUS)
-Last Night on Earth CD1 (US)
-Last Night on Earth CD2 (UK)
-MOFO Remixes (UK)
-If God Will Send His Angels (US)
-Please POPHeart (US)
-Please w/Dirty Day mixes (AUS)
-Always (1 song bonus disc)
-Beautiful Day CD1 (UK)
-Stuck In a Moment CD1 (UK)
-Elevation Remixes (UK)
-Elevation Collectors Edition (UK)

my hunt for other singles still goes on. i am looking for the 2 part CD Single for Stay and any CD singles from the 80's except those i have already. i also have a copy of I Will Follow on 7" that is a 1980 pressing from Ireland. It's my prized possession :0)

------------------
Peace out and take care!
-Jason

P.S. "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no-one is watching." - U2

Back
Top Bottom