anyone else having problems with amazon.ca?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
I am. My copy of the HTDAAB collector's edition should have arrived between the 24th and today. And, apparently, it's still getting ready to be shipped. They haven't even sent it yet. What the heck? I payed for priority shipping! It should be here by now.

Could this be related to the fact that Canadian stores are having trouble getting the collector's edition?

Blame it on the AMERICANS! who decided their customers should get all the coppies of the collectors CD before Canada could even get any. Sooo amazon.ca much like other canadian retailers got the box set on the 25th of November so you should get yours today (friday) i am waiting for mine and should arrive today as well

i havent gone mine. i havent inquired because, well, im not dying during the wait. but i also havent received the 'items shipped' email.

its also holding up my copy of couplands new book.

How about simply blame it on Amazon. I am in the U.S., ordered my copy over a month ago and it still hasnt even shipped yet. :down:

I ordered the Vertigo single back at the start of the month. I wanted it shipped to my old addy, but they saw I had made an addy change so they had it at my old post office, then forwarded it back to their shipping center, when my new post office is FIVE minutes away. They said if I don't get it by today (which I haven't so far) to contact them again.

Amazon is beginning to suck.

this is exactly why i blame the americans:

FROM macphisto.net

Trevor writes:

"The american company that is manufacturing the new "limited edition box set" version of the the new U2 album hasn't manufactured enough.

They've made enough to fill all of the orders in the U.S. but not all of the orders in Canada.

Universal Music Canada will decide later today whether or not to delay the release one week until Nov. 30th 2004.

They have asked the U.S. based company to ship a percentage of the U.S. orders and a percentage of the Canadian orders so that everyone can have the product on the 23rd but as with most things the U.S. likes to take care of it own first and refused the proposal to give Canada any product until after ALL of the U.S. orders had been filled.

Universal Canada will receive some product but not enough to fill all of the orders placed, the question right now is if the receive enough to send 50% of everyone's orders they might ship for the Nov. 23rd release, and then ship the other half sometime later in the week.

As it stands now they are leaning towards moving the release date in Canada to Nov. 30th so they can fill all of the orders at once.

They should have a decision later today, I'll keep you updated.

Looks like you guys in the states are going to be enjoying your 48-page booklet before us Canadians. "

Or you can go to the thread "Oh No! Collectors eddition delayed in canada! NOOOOOOO....

I haven't gotten my copy from amazon.ca yet, and after picking one up in a local record shop last night, I went home to cancel my amazon.ca order and it won't let me, saying it's being prepared to be shipped. What a waste of ordering ahead and paying for priority shipping...

lemonsquare said:
I haven't gotten my copy from amazon.ca yet, and after picking one up in a local record shop last night, I went home to cancel my amazon.ca order and it won't let me, saying it's being prepared to be shipped. What a waste of ordering ahead and paying for priority shipping...

Ugh, I know. I can't cancel my order either...bastards. I was going to drive TWO HOURS to get to the nearest HMV, because I heard tell they had it. Now I guess I'll have to wait.

Does anyone know if one can get reimbursed for priority shipping, considering that those of us who payed for it aren't technically getting priority shipping?

Mine has been shipped from amazon.ca. As I live in the city where the Amazon and HMV warehouses are located, I expect it in a day, which is why I never bother paying for priority shipping.

Mine's still stuck on this, and it's irritating me: "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed."

If I don't get this in a week's time, I'm not going to be amused. This is the first time I've ever ordered anything from Amazon, so I don't know if this is common... If it is, they'll never get an order from me again.

It would be futile. I've tried in the past and got worthless help.

I too ordered the collector's edition, but I canceled it yesterday - it turns out one of the record stores near by has it, so I bought it there today. :|

Back
Top Bottom