Anyone else have 'All Because of You' stuck in their head? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Anyone else have 'All Because of You' stuck in their head?

Talk about being stuck in a song I can't get out of! That tiny, practically inaudible clip has suddenly manifested itself into a full-out stadium anthem in my head! For those of you who are disappointed by this clip, don't be fooled: I believe this song is going to be MASSIVE. And in a live setting, it will blow your mind. The ALL BECAUSE OF YOU refrain is simply colossal. There's something deceptively absorbing about it - a trait that exists in U2's biggest songs. Imagine 30,000 people belting that out! It's like the refrain of "It's a beautiful day!" taken to an entire different level - both in catchiness and natural progression; it just hits you more directly, in a way that isn't forced; it all fits together in an organic way. The percussion is much more interesting, too. This song will - all things being equal - be bigger than 'Beautiful Day', in my opinion. It's a better song. Don't ask me how I know; I just do.

Anyone else have the chorus stuck in their head already?

Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Acrobat

Yep...is has been crawling around in my mind since I've had put it in repeat for a few minutes...
Now I'm a bit cured 'cause of a overdose "Lady with the spinning head" medicine.
Hope I don't get resistant to it before
"the snippet is going to grind me down"

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Old 07-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 08:25 PM
Dallas had mentioned that Bono's guitar playing is to be reckoned with this album and has allowed Edge to persue many more innovative guitar ideas than would normally be possible. At first, I thought the main riff in ABOY was all Edge. But then I realized that it is in actually probably Bono, and that the soaring guitar is where Edge is at.

And, even though we can't hear too much of it, what I hear sounds absolutely fantastic. For example, I'll use another reference to Beautiful Day as well. I could definitely see this song have a video at an airport because Edge's guitar literally takes off, soars over top the tune, and makes a masterful landing in the middle of the verse all without missing a beat. I love that part! Later in the chorus, we hear the beginning of what will likely be a fantastic solo.

The rhythm section from what I could hear will be fantastic also. A deep groove, and an uptempo beat.

Bono's voice and lyrics (from what I can decipher) will be right on. And, I think you're right about the size of the song. This one may very well turn out to be a classic u2 "anthem" when heard in all its full glory. Like you said, it's organic, but driving and determined. I've gotten this "feel" off the song that there is no sitting on your arse, or you'll be left behind!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Absoultely. It's scary and a bit disturbing that 53 seconds of a song drowning in wind would have that affect on me. I too believe that when we hear this song, perfectly mastered, blasting through our stereos and eventually in a concert, that it will rank up there with their best.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What?! No one got my Who reference? I'm shocked!

The song is really a tribute to The Who, which is why in my post I said, "...don't be fooled" (again)....ooooh, that one hurts. Accept my apology. Please.

hee hee hee

But on a serious note, if every song on the new album is as good in quality as this one, this could be U2's best masterpiece.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Very slick Michael. didn't catch that one. I might be inspired to get back on a "Who kick". It's been a while since I broke out that CD....Thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Acrobat

So Mike, finally gave in to temptation, eh? I thought you were going to wait?
Is it anything like the tune you thought it would have & used to sing out loud while we were travelling together?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:25 PM
i've actually had the background noise stuck in my head. every where i go, i hear muffled wind.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yeah...when my hubby played it for me I really didn't think anything of it...but he just sat there listening to it over and over and then I was like "whoa this is a new song from the cd"
Old 07-20-2004, 01:47 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"The percussion is much more interesting, too"

I think the drums sounds pretty cool, what you can hear of them.

I don't however think that it's Bono playing rhythm guitar, but I guess it's possible.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

is a catchy song, yes... but I still can't have stuck it in my head, is a demo with a terrible sound
Old 07-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

I don't however think that it's Bono playing rhythm guitar, but I guess it's possible.
he's going to need to learn how to if the studio track isn't him and they want to play it live, unless Dallas or a synth takes care of it (awkward)
Old 07-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"he's going to need to learn how to if the studio track isn't him and they want to play it live"

Not neccessarily true, alot of U2 songs have layered guitar tracks and more often than not only Edge plays live. Hell, Bono only actually plays on a few number of songs. Bono is not a great guitar player. If he's just playing a few major chords, he might be able to pull it off, but he usually just fakes it.

He doesn't even play half the time he has a guitar around his neck. Nothing about Bono pisses me off except that. it almost seems as if Bono is posturing with the guitar around his neck when he doesnt even play it.

Personally, I'd like to see him play more guitar live, but it sort of detracts from his showmanship on stage.

There isn't much need for him to play in the studio, Edge can overdub 2,3, or 4 guitars like he always has. If they want an accurate recreation on stage, then Bono will need to play more.

We might just get that on this tour. Maybe Bono will prove me wrong and actually play.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #14
Babyface

HELP!!!!

Where can I hear ABOY?
Old 07-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #15
Refugee

Re: HELP!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tmtlu3
Where can I hear ABOY?
you can find it here...
http://www.u2exit.com/welcome.shtml
Old 07-20-2004, 08:53 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
What?! No one got my Who reference? I'm shocked!

The song is really a tribute to The Who
From what I heard Michael, it is very "Who" like!! Since the Who are big influences on U2 I'm glad to see that are finally taking a bite of the Who's sound and putting it, to their, good use!! Rock on!

My problem is how are they going to produce that windy, whooshing sound in concert????
Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That tiny - really badly recorded version of ABOY - 53 sec - is in my head at all times. I figured a way to transfer the clip to my ipod - heaven. I find myself humming it at work and someone asked what song it was since it sounded cool - I proudly showed my u2 geekness by saying that is from the new album. I've played the clip for a few friends who are not into u2 quite as much and they all say that it is going to be a big hit - the song is infectious - played live it will be amazing
Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:25 PM
It's pretty obvious it's going to be a big hit single on radio, but so was Elevation and that was my least favorite U2 song. For me just because a song is a big hit to the masses doesn't mean it's going to be magic to me. But it will be good for album sales no doubt.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:53 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2 addict
So Mike, finally gave in to temptation, eh? I thought you were going to wait?
Is it anything like the tune you thought it would have & used to sing out loud while we were travelling together?
Yes, I know. I have no will power, haha. But that's the only one I'll download!

It's remarkably like the tune I dreamt about. What did I say? Metallic silver guitar (possibly true); catchy chorus (very true); sounds like U2 fronting Neil Young (could be).....hmmm.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:57 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack In The Box
is a catchy song, yes... but I still can't have stuck it in my head, is a demo with a terrible sound
Ah, but here's the thing: It's not the demo that's stuck in my head. This might sound strange, but it's the FULL song - in crystal clear surround sound - that's stuck in my head! That's why I can't get it out. It's manifested itself into this whole other thing!

I find it a bit surreal, walking the streets of Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu (South India), with this as yet unreleased U2 song playing in full view in my head. Quite extraordinary, really.

Okay, on a different note...I'm sitting in this great cafe in Pondicherry....and "The Scientist" by Coldplay just started.

Excuse me while I collect my heart from the floor.