Anybody see the Meteor Awards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Wondered if anybody has a video of U2's video performance to Dave Fanning at the awards? Apparenly it was on RTE last night...

Biggest Question of the day deserves an answer folks come on..!!!

It's a funny old forum - if I asked a question like "Has anybody got a photo of Edge's white cowboy boots" there would be dozens of resonses by now :)

Jim said:
It's a funny old forum - if I asked a question like "Has anybody got a photo of Edge's white cowboy boots" there would be dozens of resonses by now :)

Sad, but extremely true.

trust me, you don't want to ask that lest your thread be overthrown by a pack of rabid plebans.

didn't you know that looks are faaaar more important?

Dahda...an Irishman to the rescue...yep, I taped the show all. What a tribute it was, kinda surreal in the sense that the song Bono sang was very 'punkish', very ambiguous lyrically, I suppose that's Chris Thomas' influence rubbing of on the band already. It was witty, as only U2 could achieve, when the guys were looking bemused trying to summon up some of the things that Dave Fanning had actually done for them over the years. I particularly like the way that the all began looking at each other, hands resting and rubbing off their chins, waiting for one or the other to pay some accolade. The really funny part was when nothing immediately sprang to mind...that strugle for something to say, It was well rehearsed and a fine tribute to a great advocate of U2.

I just listened to the song once but I'll have to go back to it and listen more intently and as soon as I do, I'll write down the lyrics and post them back here.

Last edited:
On U2log it states thast they palyed The Kink's David Watts - covered by The Jam.

Anyone have an mp3 of it or know where to dld one?????

Back
Top Bottom