Anybody own any vinyl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I have War, UF and JT on vinyl. What do you have, and did you buy it new, used, or special ordered years later? Also, are the later albums even available on vinyl? I heard they are but I've never seen one.

*turns and looks at 500+ albums on vinyl*

AB was the first one I bought on cd; the earlier records were all first purchased on vinyl. I only just recently completed the cd collection with Wide Awake. Or was it UF?

Last edited:
I proudly own all their albums in vinyl, from Boy (I have 2 copies of that one, in fact) to Zooropa. Plus the Sunday Bloody Sunday 12 inch 45 rpm single...all of them are Brazilian editions but October, which is Argentinian. First one I bought was UF, then Wide Awake, then the previous ones. All the others I bought on the first week of their release in my country. First CD I bought was POP, but I still regret not having bought it on vinyl as well...much more funky. ;) All of them are in great shape and I still listen to them...a lot. Talking about a dinosaur, LOL

Last edited:
In America it became very hard to find vinyl in the late 80's- early 90's. I bought my War, UF and JT new. If AB was ever on vinyl I never saw it. Where are you people finding these things?

Full length LP's on vinyl -

Actung Baby (still sealed)
Boy
Wide Awake In America
October
UF
Rattle and Hum (one open, one sealed)

12 inch

Desire
WGRYWH
Angel of Harlem
Beautiful Day and Elevation Remixes
Pride (England import)
Pride (11 O'clock Tick Tock B-side)
UF
The Fly
New Years Day
Lemon
Streets

45's

11 O'Clock Tick Tock (1980 Irish pressing)
Streets
WOWY
Desire
ISHFWILF

I have found some at smaller used record stores but a great source is Amoeba Music in LA or San Francisco...they have every U2 album ever released on vinyl from Boy to ATYCLB at really great prices.

After I became a fan, my parents gave me their vinyl JT. When I had to move away from my hometown 2 weeks after graduating high school, my best friend gave me a copy of UF on vinyl...it's one of my most cherished posessions.

The albums I have on records (which where all bought at a used record shop) are:

Boy
October
War
Under a Blood Red Sky
Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake in America
Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
POP

12 inch:

The Fly
The Unforgettable fire single

45's

The Fly
Mysterious Ways

I collected the Cd's first, but thought that the actual records where way cool. So I bought a record player and LOVE it!! Now, if I can only find more 90's LP's around here, I'll be happy!! As you can tell, I love collecting records.
:yes: :yes:

I have War...My mom has R&H and JT...There's this great record store about an hour from my house (which is where I got War). Definitely going to have to pay them a visit soon!

Tech said:
Now, if I can only find more 90's LP's around here, I'll be happy!! As you can tell, I love collecting records.
:yes: :yes:

Well, its not that close to Long Beach, but like I said in my other post, Amoeba Music on Sunset Boulevard in LA has just about any record on vinyl you could possibly think of, at pretty decent prices. There is also Black Hole Records in downtown Fullerton...pretty good selection but a little pricy.

Thanks so much for the tip Bono's American Wife! Now I can FINALLY get the copies of AB, Zooropa and All that you can't leave behind into my collection! Yippee, now I have somethng to go do this weekend!:cool: :cool:

I have singles on vinyl my uncle gave my 11 o clock tick tock when i was 11 and i bought WOWY and All I want is you (they were at a cd and record fair but in great condition) for ?3 each when i was 13 and aboot 4 months ago i bought Stay on vinyl as well...they all look brand new. I was gonna buy a signed Ocotber album on vinyl for ?50 in Dub. in a place called Rythym REcords beside the Quays the shop is bunged with u2 signed stuff and its beside the Clarence along the quays...check it out if u ever go! :up:

I have Boy through R&H and all of the 12 inch JT singles on vinyl opened.
Then as soon as I heard the first news of vinyl being replaced by cd I went on a shopping spree and I have Boy through R&H unopened.

Have everything thru R&H on vinyl as well as some vinyl singles, including the first 2 "4 U2 play" single 4 packs.
I remember several years ago when Newbury Comics (record store in Mass) was having a big sale and I got around to buying CD versions of Boy thru Joshua Tree, the sales girl (who was at least 10 years younger than me) said something like "taking advantage of the sale to discover some old U2"...I had to explain to her that I had all the albums on a big black round discs that she might not be aware of, and also that Paul McCartney had been in some other band before Wings. :D

I have Boy [european cover] and War on vinyl. Of course, I don't have a record player anymore but that's beside the point.

Someone else mentioned getting the albums framed. I went on to the Urban Outfitters web site and couldn't find them but if you go to the stores, some of them have record frames that are the exact size for vinyl albums. And they're really easy to put together and hang up.

I have Boy, used Unforgettable Fire, War, Wide Awake in America, Under a Blood Red Sky, used October, and the ISHFWILF single on vinyl... :heart: UF - such a beautiful cover.

All 45's for me:

Stay
When Love Comes to Town
Desire (Promo)
Fire
Gloria
I Will Follow
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Another Day
Out of Control/Stories for Boys/Boy-Girl

I have a few full length LPs:

Boy
War
Under a Blood Red Sky
Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake in America
Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum

and then, my favorite:
Achtung Baby on blue vinyl. It's beautiful!!

I also have a ton of 45s, but can't name them right now.

Almost all of the records I have I bought at a record store that has new and used right near my home, and the Achtung Baby I got on Ebay...I used to be an Ebay slut. It's still hard for me to go there.

Jessica

I've got on vinyl:

October
Under A Blood Red Sky
With Or Without You
ISHFWILF
Desire
Achtung Baby

Theres a used record store near my house that has all kinds of U2 on vinyl but I never bought any because I dont have a record player and I cant really such much benefit from vinyl.

i have the following on 7":

U2 three
i will follow
11 o'clock tick tock
new year's day
a celebration

i also used to have wtshnn and aiwiy on 12" which are now in the hands of the awesome j-tree after we did a vinyl trade last year. :D

I just have The Unforgettable Fire (because it's my favourite) and "What's Going On?" (because it was $.99). I love vinyl, but there's so much U2 that I could never catch up.

Back
Top Bottom