Any thought on musical style?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
I should have posted this here in the first place....

Where do you want to see them go with the next album? hard rock? r&b/soul? acoustic rock? all three?
I'd like to hear that hard rock album they've been promising us for years...

After all, didn't Larry say that they left some really good hard rock tracks off atyclb that they would later return to?

------------------
Pictures in grey...

I hope that doesn't mean they're coming out with a bluegrass/rap album.
smile.gif

Although I'd probably end up buying it anyway....

------------------
Pictures in grey...

Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
One thing I like about U2 is that they always do what you'd least expect.

larry writes and sings the songs. among his major influences are insane clown posse.
the edge becomes the guy that every group needs now who just runs around with a mic yelling inexplicable alphanumeric strings while jumping up and down.
adam leaves and is replaced by the little person or midget that Universal has been pressuring the band to employ.
bono becomes the drummer that no one ever hears of because all the girls love larry. except when he gets pulled over for putting his excursion through a red light and police find 1 g of coke, and 3 pistols in the glove box.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I'd definately prefer it to be progressive.. ie experimental. Like Pop, Zooropa, Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, and Unforgettable Fire were.

MMMMMmmmmm achtung baby & joshua tree... where would I be without them?? *looks around as if lost*

I personally, LOVED 'when love comes to town'... but then again Im a BB King fan too... Id like to see a little more stuff like that, and Desire, and Trip through your Wires... all great songs...

But more stuff like discotecque would be kickass too...

The way I see it, as long as their next album is NOT sellout punk like blink, or crappy boy band trash like nsync, Im going to love it.

------------------
"The coroner?! Im SO sick of that guy. Well, see you in the operating place!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
[The way I see it, as long as their next album is NOT sellout punk like blink, or crappy boy band trash like nsync, Im going to love it.

[/B]

sorry to change topic, but I have to ask, how exactly did Blink sell out?
that is what Blink has always sounded like. they are simply doing what they, more or less, always have and what a lot of other bands do. they are just getting paid for it.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I'd definately prefer it to be progressive.. ie experimental. Like Pop, Zooropa, Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, and Unforgettable Fire were.

I remember Bono or Edge saying that they thought their experimental days were over, that they dont identify with that type of writing anymore. But that was during the writing of ATYCLB, so hopefully that attitude has changed.
smile.gif

I want an album full of Exit-eseque stuff! (Achtung meets Unforgettable?) Probably wont get it though.
frown.gif

Btw,
I dont think Blink are selling out, just doing a thing that sells well. I think there's a difference...

------------------
Pictures in grey...

I'd love an album with the lyrical and emotional power of JT. I know, I know. They don't like to repeat themselves. But ATYCLB is too pop. Whatever happened to rock? Their lyrics haven't been the best either lately.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Lyrics have been really unpoetic lately. Pop's lyrics were great (Gone, WUDM, Mofo etc) I dont know why Bono changed his lyrical style on this album. I can't figure why he made a conscious decision to not be poetic.

Back
Top Bottom