Any indication that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpaceOddity said:

Well, he just might... I heard his daughters have visited PLEBA before, so I can just imagine what they told him. LOL. That, or he's seen a glimpse himself or other people have told him stories. Who knows?

Hasn't Bono said how he teases his girls about getting boyfriends etc. I woudn't be surprised if they get their own back by teasing him about some of the comments in Pleba .:wink: (no offence to Plebans :heart: )

Who knows if they read the boards themeselves but we all know that U2 is a business and any good business wants to get regular customer feedback (and isn't interference the largest U2 message board?:shrug: ), so yes I bet there are people in the organisation who check out the boards especially when a new album is released or when they're on tour and pass on the feedback.
Remember any one can read most of the forums without even registering -you only have to look at the number of guests who are on the site at any one time

It's true... Bono visits PLEBA :yes:

Somewhere early April, we had about five short hair/popBono threads..... and what happens in the first week of april? Bono suddenly has short hair!

Dreamoutloud stated several times since he got his hair cut that he needed to start wearing ivy caps again, and right after Christmas, he did

There was this big conclusion all over the forum that larry's grease locks were gross... and larry got a haircut...

I'm always whining how good the blue sunglasses looked on him.... and who's suddenly back into wearing blue shades?

Many people wished he'd take of the sunglasses onstage more.... and suddenly on the third leg he took them off for a couple of songs!

:hmm: there are probably more points, but I can't think of them atm...

I doubt Bono and Larry would choose their haircuts and accessories based on what some people here said. But maybe I'm just cynical.

Galeongirl said:
It's true... Bono visits PLEBA :yes:

Somewhere early April, we had about five short hair/popBono threads..... and what happens in the first week of april? Bono suddenly has short hair!

Dreamoutloud stated several times since he got his hair cut that he needed to start wearing ivy caps again, and right after Christmas, he did

There was this big conclusion all over the forum that larry's grease locks were gross... and larry got a haircut...

I'm always whining how good the blue sunglasses looked on him.... and who's suddenly back into wearing blue shades?

Many people wished he'd take of the sunglasses onstage more.... and suddenly on the third leg he took them off for a couple of songs!

:hmm: there are probably more points, but I can't think of them atm...

he needs to listen to PartyGirl43---stop clutching your jackets Bono!!!

Oh and and find a decent tailor.

opinion: The odds are that every member has visited here.

However, like most people, u2 have interests beyond just music and they are more likely visit communities related to those "other" interests more than here.

It's equally likely that they don't post much when visiting.

Aygo said:

Because Bono wouldn't spend his time posting 1675 posts in his existance here. He prefers to make phonecalls to important man around the world...:wink:

:hmm:...valid point, but I too like to make calls to important men...my friends are just as important as a taxi service and a pizza parlour...:wink:

As for the PLEBA thing, he was probably scared off by the caption thread...I'm sure he would get freaked reading something he can't recall saying...

COBL_04 said:

As for the PLEBA thing, he was probably scared off by the caption thread...I'm sure he would get freaked reading something he can't recall saying...

:wink: did you know that somebody made a book of the best captions and gave it to Edge in NYC in 2005?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's just like the sports starts who say they don't read the paper... bullcrap. of course they do. it's human nature. who here hasn't googled themselves? if there was a giant website(s) based on YOU, wouldn't you check it/them out from time to time? especially if you had no real job and had oodles and oodles of free time like the members of u2 do? of course you would... there's vanity in all of us.

would they ever publicly make themselves known? of course not. no one would believe them anyways (unless the edge posts a picture taken with his webcam with his interference handle written on a note card so that we know he's not a fake like some myspace teenybopper). and i doubt they check up on it every day, but i'm sure that they do know of it, have browsed threads, and i wouldn't be stunned in the least if they've made a post or two in annonymity.

:up: I agree. I'd be very surprised if they hadn't ever been here at all. that doesn't mean they spend hours a day here, but they probably look here every once and a while and, like you said, may have made some posts. I mean, why the hell not? I would if I were famous.

as for what you said about band management...makes sense, and like someone else said you would think there is someone in their organization that checks fansites, especially when a new album is released. doesn't mean they have to do anything at all with our opinions and suggestions, but they're good to know.

I agree with those who said that they most probably check this site from time to time. To me there is absolutely no doubt about the fact that band members check this site at least from time to time, and even more chances that people in their management, staff and families do. I really don't think they would post, however, but you never know.

There has been many indications in the past that U2 are well aware of the internet fan community, and Interference is probably the biggest 'actor' in that scene. Bono knew about Wire back when it was the main means of communication between fans on the net, so there is no doubt that he knows about this forum too. Larry makes a few references to the 'militant wing' of U2 fans in U2 by U2, obviously he gets an idea about what people are thinking from message boards such as this one. Bono has referred to U2 internet sites as 'murder' in an interview, obviously referring to fans being very critical of the band in message boards, and I don't think he was only talking about Zootopia there.

It doesn't mean they are here every day and read everything we write, but to they look once in a while? Of course they do...

Back
Top Bottom