Antrax around the corner from me!! ARGH!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
"An NBC employee in New York has tested positive for anthrax. Details soon."

This sucks!

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Errr....I mean ANTHRAX in the subject...

CK on the MT

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!

yeah, this is a little perturbing. (I live in NYC, too.)

Also scary is this warning from the FBI:

For Immediate Release
October 11, 2001 Washington D.C.
FBI National Press Office

Certain information, while not specific as to target, gives the government reason to believe that there may be additional terrorist attacks within the United States and against U.S. interests overseas over the next several days. The FBI has again alerted all local law enforcement to be on the highest alert and we call on all people to immediately notify the FBI and local law enforcement of any unusual or suspicious activity.

Here's the full NYC anthrax story, from www.nytimes.com
NBC Says New York Employee Tests Positive for Anthrax

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ASHINGTON -- An employee of NBC in New York has tested positive for anthrax, the network said Friday. The FBI and C.D.C. are investigating.

The anthrax is not the same respiratory anthrax that killed a Florida man, NBC News said in a statement.

The employee tested positive for a cutaneous -- skin -- anthrax infection. The employee, a woman who was not identified, has received treatment and is responding well, the network said.

A source close to the investigation said the C.D.C. has received a possible report of anthrax but that it is not confirmed.

C.D.C. spokeswoman Barbara Reynolds referred all calls to the New York City Health Department, which is investigating.

NBC said the employee is in no danger and should recover fully, the network said.

The network said it had received some suspicious mail and immediately contacted the FBI, C.D.C. and the New York Department of Health.

"The mail was tested by these organizations, and the employee was treated by several physicians. All these tests came back negative," said the NBC statement. "However, this morning, a later test on the employee came back positive for traces of cutaneous anthrax."

Don't panic, it's not the end of the world! The media and the "experts" on the TV news everyday are the real terrorists.

Take a few deep breaths and read this:
http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum11/HTML/000711.html

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
I think Afgan terrorists 've watched too many science-fiction films

Actually there are no Afghan terrorists.
I mean...look at the list that FBI published! All the "most wanted terrorists" are from Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the like. They're Arabs but not from Afghanistan. Isn't it ironic?
wink.gif

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

Man, this whole thing is getting worse. Makes you wonder when it will ever end, or will it. Now they are talking about the possibilty of small pox which is far worse than anthrax as it IS contagious and could be spread by a "suicide" terrorist. This whole fuckin thing SUCKS!!!!

My only thought is it's been, if I remember right, 25 years since a case of human anthrax has come up in the US and now in the past few weeks there's been 4 cases??? It sounds very suspicious to me.

ZOOTB: Never heard about the "suicide terrorist" aspect of it. Interesting thought.

I'm definitely keeping track of all of this now, but I'm not going to run off and seal myself into a biohazard suit.

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
Don't panic, it's not the end of the world! The media and the "experts" on the TV news everyday are the real terrorists.

Take a few deep breaths and read this:
http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum11/HTML/000711.html

I did read that article, and lately I'm inclined to the idea of "You can't believe everything you hear/read/see" because in this day if you do that you're doomed to go insane.

But this is a wee bit unnerving.
frown.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

hehe, since TheU2 and I are co-workers and friends, I know what MT stands for, but I will quote that new movie:

"I'll never tell...."

Yeah, this Anthrax crap definitely sucks. These terrorists are getting closer and closer to me. First it was 20 blocks, now it is 2.

*Hawk goes to check out life insurance policies...*
(kidding, I am one of those bring it on, come and get me type of people)

AJ in NYC

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Can I ask-what is MT??

*is confused*

No, you cannot ask.

CK

------------------

Ha, ha! All you losers stuck in NYC. I was across the street from the Trade Center and now I'm far away in Jersey. Ha! Oh wait.....its Jersey. Dammit! nevermind.

[note to Jerseyians: this post is a joke, don't come after me for the remarks made herein]

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

yep, and there is another story that will break in nyc soon. sorry, can't say who it is just yet, b/c it may be a hoax.

if not, celebreties have been targeted too.

disk-- how do you get this info? I'm not too worried yet. It doesn't seem to be working. All these cases and only one person has died. what's the point? although I shouldn't say that because then they'll just come up with something else.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

my friend and his father were going to join me at the Ranger game tonight, but they cancelled because there is supposedly a legitimate scare at his father's office.

they're being real careful about leaking any info out. for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
The media and the "experts" on the TV news everyday are the real terrorists.

I agree. Turn off the TV. I haven't had mine on in 3 weeks ever since my best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and 5-10 months left to live. Turn off the TV and start living fearlessly.

Back
Top Bottom