Anton Corbijn rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Anton Corbijn is such an amazing video director! I'm sure many of you will agree with me. His photos of the band either on-location (video shoot) or for promos inside album liner notes are so classy and impressive. How do you pronounce his last name by the way?

Corbijn directed many or maybe even all of their videos I think. The video for One I know for sure was done by him.

HelloAngel said:
Corbijn is pronounced Corbin.

If you enjoy his work, check out his photo book, Werk.

Hmm, but I don't know how you would pronounce Corbin. It's a lot like my name actually, Martijn. So if you know how to pronounce that one, it should be easy. If not... Well, when I want to explain it to somebody, I'd say that the first part ('Cor' for Anton, 'Mar' for my name) should be pronounced as the letters state. The latter part ('bijn' and 'tijn') should be a bit like 'wine' (and if you make the sound a bit shorter it is even better).

Sorry, can't explain it any better than that. Guess you have to learn Dutch for that one. :)

C ya!

Marty

unnamed_streets said:
Corbijn directed many or maybe even all of their videos I think. The video for One I know for sure was done by him.

AFAIK, he directed three, maybe four, U2 videos. One (the band in drag version), Please and Electrical Storm I know for sure. And there are rumours that he also directed an alternate version of Pride, but that one has never been released.

C ya!

Marty

HelloAngel said:
Corbijn is pronounced Corbin.

If you enjoy his work, check out his photo book, Werk.

Werk is fantastic!! Wonderful book. I had a copy for my birthday last year, was signed too!

Anton is cool. :cool:

Jo

Back
Top Bottom