Another Vegas Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by LuvLady:
Hehe. I was only kidding guys........ you still luv me right??!! Eliv8 I'm bored, come talk to me!
lol2.gif

Marina, check these out: http://plauder-smilies.com. Right click on the smilie you want and a code will come up at the bottom of the screen. Then just put
after ( no spaces ). That should work!
biggrin.gif

No offence taken. Still Luvs you.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Oh good! So whatcha been up to? It's nearly 1:00am here and I should be asleep but I'm kinda nocturnal.

I can't believe I'm gonna see U2 in like 6 weeks!!
biggrin.gif

Oh good! So whatcha been up to? It's nearly 1:00am here and I should be asleep but I'm kinda nocturnal.

I can't believe I'm gonna see U2 in like 6 weeks!!
biggrin.gif

AIM name is Eliv810

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Er yeah, well thanx to the ladies at PLEBA I actually know what that means! I'm one of those people who only recently cucumbed (sp?) to the computer thing so I'm kinda new at all this. I'm registering now.

Thanks Luv, those are some really cool smilies.

Wow this one looks extremely familiar *crossing finger*
evil_lol.gif

Don't you think?

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-30-2001).]

Nice ideas Pleba-heads.

ICS is brilliant. Here is something to throw in the air and see which direction the dessert breeze blows it.

As people are arriving from different parts of the world and at different times we should have a few meeting places for Saturday 17th i.e.

11:00 ? 1:00 ? The Crown & Anchor on Tropicana. British Pub. Real beer, cocktails, lunch, brunch, breakfast etc.

1:00 ? 3:00 ? Photo Op with Bono ? Madame Tussaud's at The Venetian

3:00 ? 5:00 ? Stratosphere - Cocktails and sunset from the top of Vegas.

5:00 ? 7:00 ? Fremont Street ? Visit the site of the ?I Still Haven?t Found What I?m Looking For? video. (Now if someone could bring a guitar ?)

7:00 ? 9:00 ? Hard Rock Caf?.

9:00 ? Time for bed so you can get up early for the heart. ;-)

Come to one or come to all.

------------------
'Dream out loud, at high volume, that's what we do for a living. Lucky bastards.' - Bono

Like the schedule, plebaU2...I was wondering where the Crown & Anchor was! Is there really a wax Bono at Madam T's in the Venetian?????

Don't forget to check out the U2 stuff inside the Hard Rock Hotel....not the Cafe, the Hotel.....

Yeah!!! Count me in, that sounds like a great schedule, I just can't imagine the faces of the people that work at Madame T's when over 20 people show up to take pictures witha a wax statue.

You know that I had opening night and no one knew what was going on back then with Hearts etc so no one got there "early" so I was wondering what is "early"? Sorry I know I'l asking for classified information but me and my inflateable lemon need to know.

-Marina

P.S. if you don't want to post you can e-mail me at mbi16@yahoo.com

I can make a few of those times.

jezebel - SG was at Tussauds a couple of weeks ago and Bono was there (Not the real one)

mbi16 - I arrived for the San Diego show at 4:00 and there was more than enough people to fill the heart. In Anahiem I arrived at 11:30 and was 100th in line.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Sorry Sicy didn't mean to steal your secret. I promise I won't use them as much, it's too much work anyway, don't have that kind of time.
-Marina

oh! oh! i wanna bring the guitar for fremont street! hmm...i think it would most likely be better if one of the exit girls did though, im sure they'd know how to play ISHFWILF better than me...

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Alright this needs some serious bumping.

I know sicy, just reassuring you that you'll be the smilie queen 4 ever.

Ok I'm in organisational mode:
What to bring and where the friggin hell to put it?

If I'm gonna be lining up all day I was thinking of bringing:
*Wallet
*Mobile phone
*Sunglasses
*Bottle water
*Gum/candy
*Book
*Magazine
*Walkman & tapes
*Comb
*Small makeup bag
*Pillow
*Marker & stuff to sign if I get anywhere
near the band
*Backpack

This is just a draft list but it seems like a lot to me. I know guys usually need less stuff but..... I don't wanna look like total crap so I need some girlie things!!

The big problem is what to do with this stuff. I'd rather just bring a little purse or something into the show and ditch the backpack of stuff. Where do I stash it? Lockers? Do you think I could put it in someone's car?

HELP ME!!

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 10-01-2001).]

The big problem is what to do with this stuff. I'd rather just bring a little purse or something into the show and ditch the backpack of stuff. Where do I stash it? Lockers? Do you think I could put it in someone's car?

HELP ME!!

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 10-01-2001).]

If I'm able to go to Vegas I'll probably be renting a car so you could stash stuff there. The less stuff you take inside the better. On the last leg I discovered that there isn't any need for reading materials or a walkman because you're in line with wonderful U2 fans all day so you have plenty of company and entertainment. All I really needed in line was some food, water, and something to sit on.

I'm still contemplating the camera thing. If you're caught getting into the arena with they may make you get rid of it. That means wasting away all you're hard work so you can go put it in the car somewhere.

I agree that books are useless, as well as anything with headphones. You'll end up chatting away the day. My suggestion is if bringing a cd player or something make sure you bring one of those personal little speakers and lots of batteries. Or better don't at all.

FOOD, bring as much as that as it is humanly possible to carry (mind you even if you don't eat all of it there will be plenty of hungry people around you).

Water, water, water. Opening night (mind you I didn't even que up for the heart cause there was no such thing, at least no one knew about it) and exactly half way through the show I came pretty close to faiting (though being in a guys shoulder during SBS and only inches away from Bono and his flag might have helped) and had to leave my wonderful spot. So water water water.

The one thing that is really priority to me is light colored clothes, i.e. no black t-shirts the only exception to this rule would be if the weather is cold.

I am personally going to look for disposables of everything I need. Such as cheap rain coat that I can throw away, no purses just plastic bags etc.

IF IT'S A LUXURY, LEAVE IT BEHIND.

Hmm. I really want my camera. And I really want to take good pics. So basically, I dont care about security cuz I will find a way to get it in.
biggrin.gif

Me bring.... probly a small hip pack..with my cell phone, wallet etc. We can always save each others spots if we want to go get food or something.. I cant imagine you'd have to sit in one spot and not move all day.

nahaha_eh.gif

------------------
I Hear Voices, Ridiculous Voices

Originally posted by mbi16:
I'm still contemplating the camera thing.

I am personally going to look for disposables of everything I need. Such as cheap rain coat that I can throw away, no purses just plastic bags etc.

IF IT'S A LUXURY, LEAVE IT BEHIND.

All very good advice
biggrin.gif
Don't take anything with you that you would mind losing. Most places let you take stuff back to your car, but I've heard of at least one that didn't.

Water IS very important, but they probably won't let you take your bottle in, so again, disposable is the way to go.

Camera's should be fine. Small point and shoot cameras have been allowed most places.

How many of you all are also going to the last night in LA? Cause I am and I was wondering if people planned to take off right after the show or sleep over and then hit the road early in the morning? I haven't decided yet.

BTW thanks Elvi8 for the queing up info, I guess being it's a Sunday it will probably be one of those early morning ones. Oh boy we're in for a ride.

Jezebel - The C&A is at 1350 East Tropicana Ave.

MrsEdge - The list was in random order but I changed it to alphabetical

Note to all - Most hotels will let you purchase a packed lunch

------------------
'Dream out loud, at high volume, that's what we do for a living. Lucky bastards.' - Bono

with 34+ interferencers (not counting their significant others/pals) going to vegas, countless other interference lurkers, not to mention,the hordes of obsessive vegas U2 fans, and celebrity/high roller wristband use... i fear that it will be hard as hell to get into the heart... my 2 cents

------------------
It costs a fortune to look this trashy.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
OK - So what did I miss? What unintentional blunder?
confused.gif
Inquiring minds want to know....

Mrs Edge -Sicy was 'whining' becuz i was listed 2nd on PlebaU2's list of interfeners going to Vegas..

Then Pleba went back and alphabatized the order and now Iam 'beneath' "The Goddess" which suits her and perhaps a few others just fine.

Just another day in the Land of Interfrence or-

CROSSFIRE? You decide..
D
B
( I was thinkin bout changin my name to: 'ArighteousMan)-then that would fuck everybody up-but Iam not about that.-Late..
------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 10-01-2001).]

OK - So what did I miss? What unintentional blunder?
confused.gif
Inquiring minds want to know....

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Ms plebu2 I cannot believe YOU succumed to pressure....still a nice thread anywhooo

Diamond

thanks for not putting me at the back of the bus,btw Mrs Edge would be dissappointed in your unintentional blunder.

Back
Top Bottom