Another U2 fan, finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
I was renting a movie at Blockbuster and I was talking to the guy behind the counter about Colin Farrell. We were saying that he doesn't use his Irish accent in movies a lot and he also curses a lot in live interviews. The guy said "Well, Irish people drink and cuss alot,"
I was like, "Don't make that assumption,"
He said, "Well, I used to be a bartender and most did,"
I said, "Please don't say that," :p (I always stick up for the Irish!)
I told him, "I love Bono,"
"U2 are my favorite band," he said.
My mouth dropped open. I rarely meet U2 fans.
"I got engaged during the Achtung Baby tour, and I got married in Vegas during the start of the Popmart tour," He continued.

Mom finally had to drag me out of there, saying, "Oh no, now you'll talk to him all the time,"
I was elated! I never meet fellow U2 fans around here!

I was in a record store the other day and I saw a guy wearing a PopMart t-shirt. I said to my friend, "Hey look at that guy's shirt!" ...My friend just gave me a strange look. Of course I didn't say anything to the guy though, because me + talking to people = nervous wreck. :eeklaugh:

Well, at the state fair, I told my friend that if I saw a guy wearing a U2 shirt I would hug him. Of course I never see anybody wearing them, so I wouldn't have to...but I would!

I saw a guy with a pin on his shirt that said "I love hugs" at the fair, and my friend tapped on his shoulder and I hugged him. LOL

that's a cool story, bonocrazy88.

when my friends at school introduce me to people they say "this is Emily, she's a U2 fan." like it's my hometown or something. even with this intro, though, I still rarely meet U2 fans! :(

Cool! I've been meaning to post this but forgot. In July I was in Seneca Rocks, WV, in a country store that also sold souveniers and taught mountain climbing. I bought a few things and took them to the register. As the dude was ringing me up, I heard a song faintly in the background. I thought it was All I Want Is You. I asked him if it was U2, and he said yes! I asked him if it was the radio or a tape and he pointed to his boombox and said it was his Best of 80-90 CD! :up: He told me he loved U2 and had seen them on the ZOOTV and Elevation tours even though he had to drive all the way to Pitts. for a show. We talked about how great they are and stuff like that. It was cool. I told him I was going to post about him and he said that was okay.

At the gym the other night I saw a guy with a POP shirt on, which was weird cos I was wearing my ZOO TV shirt at the same time.

Then at the mall on Saturday, my wife pointed to some guy's Popmart shirt. Lotta Pop shirts going around New York these days.

Hmmmm

U2 fans are as rare as hen's teeth around here. Well, almost. I saw a guy in a parking lot wearing a U2 t-shirt during the Elevation tour. I got out and started talking to him, something I almost never do because I'm shy. It was great!

speaking of U2 and video stores... there's a huge U2 fan at the Rogers Video near my house. I'm not sure which guy he is, but he's been there a while.. last year when I went in late at night with few people in the store they were playing the Boston DVD over all the in-store monitors, and much louder than usual. Other times they've been playing ZooTV Sidney, Rattle and Hum and probably some others but I can't remember for sure

Isn't it amazing that as popular of a band that U2 is, meeting fans is actually quite hard. It isn't like NSYNC, where every girl in the high school loves them. It's much harder than that. I know several U2 fans who have been enlightened due to me, but I just don't meet many U2 fans out of chance.

U2Kitten said:
Cool! I've been meaning to post this but forgot. In July I was in Seneca Rocks, WV, in a country store that also sold souveniers and taught mountain climbing. I bought a few things and took them to the register. As the dude was ringing me up, I heard a song faintly in the background. I thought it was All I Want Is You. I asked him if it was U2, and he said yes! I asked him if it was the radio or a tape and he pointed to his boombox and said it was his Best of 80-90 CD! :up: He told me he loved U2 and had seen them on the ZOOTV and Elevation tours even though he had to drive all the way to Pitts. for a show. We talked about how great they are and stuff like that. It was cool. I told him I was going to post about him and he said that was okay.

How'd u know I was from West Virginia? Where are you from?

bonocrazy88 said:

How'd u know I was from West Virginia? Where are you from?

I didn't! I| was in West Va! I'm from VA and I have relatives I visit there, plus I love those beautiful mountains! :up: What area are you from?

Originally posted by the_acrobat
Isn't it amazing that as popular of a band that U2 is, meeting fans is actually quite hard. It isn't like NSYNC, where every girl in the high school loves them

:eyebrow: HIGH SCHOOL?! :tsk: Try elementary school, and less and less of them every day. They are finally getting washed up, and it's about time! ;)

I converted my best friend into a sort of U2 fan, because she downloaded Elevation, and she loves Exit and Larry's hand motions on rattle and Hum. About NSYNC being popular in high schools, they're not, now popular high shcool music is rap/hip hop.It's so hard to find teens with good music tastes. I'm one of the lucky ones. Hehe

U2 Kitten, do you have MSN messenger or AOL, or Yahoo messenger. I would like to talk to you and tell you where I'm from if you do. :)

:up: u2 fans simply do not exist where i live

i rented the red rocks video and the guy at the video store laughed at me for liking them :shrug:

IWasBored said:
:up: u2 fans simply do not exist where i live

i rented the red rocks video and the guy at the video store laughed at me for liking them :shrug:

That's rude!! :madspit: People around her like U2, but no one is a really big fan...like me..:p

I am the only U2 fan in San Diego. They are hardly ever played on the radio here and I have never met anyone here who is a fan. I went to the Elevation concert in San Diego and, no joke, everyone sitting around me had driven over from Arizona.

A few years back I started a post here asking if there were any fans from San Diego. I got no replies.

I used to live in Utah. There, everyone and their dog are U2 fans.

Someone help. I am lonely.

Mango said:
I am the only U2 fan in San Diego. They are hardly ever played on the radio here and I have never met anyone here who is a fan. I went to the Elevation concert in San Diego and, no joke, everyone sitting around me had driven over from Arizona.

A few years back I started a post here asking if there were any fans from San Diego. I got no replies.

I used to live in Utah. There, everyone and their dog are U2 fans.

Someone help. I am lonely.

If I found a U2 fan in this 3000 ppl West Virginia town, then you could certainly find one in San Diego...

Update

We went back to Blockbuster and talked to the guy. He said he went to the Houston Elevation concert and was in the front row of the heart, or something, but when Bono sang, the guy held the screaming girls back, and Bono sort of leaned on him the entire time. He also said that Bono kissed him on the head... :drool: :jealous:

I used to work with a couple of big U2 fans at my last job - one of them even had a Pop-Mart poster on the wall above her desk - but since I moved to a new town and started a new job almost three years ago I have yet to encounter anyone who loves them anywhere near as much as I do. I miss being able to talk about the band and not feel like I'm boring everyone.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:
I miss being able to talk about the band and not feel like I'm boring everyone. [/B]

I know! I talk about them here and ppl are like, "Yeah, whatever..." My mom listens to me and everything, but I know I am buggin the crap out of her.

I have had a few encounters with strangers that are U2 fans, once I was in a bar and was waiting to get served but the barmaids were round a corner, so this guy who saw me waiting walked round to them and pointed me out, when he came back over to me he said "I only did that cos you are wearing a U2 shirt" It was a Elevation shirt with just symbols on it no mention of U2 anywhere! lol

Another time I walked pass a beggar sat on the street, I'm dressed all in black with a black coat on with just my U2 belt buckle the only thing not black! anyway as I walked pass him a few yards he shouted "Yo! Bono!" I stopped and look around at him and he punches the air with a clenched fist and sang "In the name of love! what more in the name of love!" I smiled at him and gave him the thumbs up and carried on my way, I couldn't give him any money as I had none on me! Now why can't I find a equally U2 mad female fan to go out with! grrrr!

I was at a family get-together last night, and I found out my uncle's sister-in-law is a die-hard U2 fan! I never knew, haha. We had this super-long conversation about them, and she's been a fan since she heard "I Will Follow" on the radio in like 1981 or 82. She's been to every concert and even scored some front-row seats 'cause one of the roadies thought her daugher was cute. Actually, she said the roadie was gonna finagle a way to get them to meet the band, but I guess the Clintons were there that night and got to meet the band instead. :shrug:

Me = jealous!!!!

In this store last week, the checkout guy (he looked liked he was from East Asia) stared at my shirt and asked me, "So, what is U2?"... Not who, but WHAT? I was left speechless, the only thing I could say was "ohhhh, they're a rock band". And he goes, so, you like rock music? I don't remember what I said... I walked out of there thinking, what planet am I on?

u2head said:
In this store last week, the checkout guy (he looked liked he was from East Asia) stared at my shirt and asked me, "So, what is U2?"... Not who, but WHAT? I was left speechless, the only thing I could say was "ohhhh, they're a rock band". And he goes, so, you like rock music? I don't remember what I said... I walked out of there thinking, what planet am I on?

:shocked:

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend who I hadn't spoken with in a while. He asked me who my favorite band was, and when I said U2 he was like "Oh cool. ... Who are they exactly?" :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom