Another thing to hold us off until Nov 23 (Video :) )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this is U2's greatest award show performance. FANTASTIC!!!!!

I don't know, I guess I feel like I have some emotional attachments to this song, so hearing it live is great for me.. I wish they'd make a new mix down the road which sounded more alive like this

jick, which award show performance do you think is their most memorable?

Not one of U2's most memorable awards show performances.

Are you kidding? I must respectfully disagree. This is a better performance than Mexico City. This is U2 at there ironic/experimental best. But I guess if you don't like that sort of thing...to each his/her own. I had never seen this performance before and I am blown away by how cool they were in 97. Who knew it would be 8 years more before we got another rock song out of them?

I don't really see this song as being that ironic. Experimental, yes. But I think this is probably Bono's most intense and straight-forward song, lyrically, up to today. Though we've yet to hear "SYCMIOYO," I' have to say that lyrically MoFo is more self-disclosing.

I think maybe that's what is so ironic about it. It's this iincredibly personally song about his mother, but it is all dressed up as this shiny techno/industrial monster of a rock song.

maybe?

its definately a personal song about his mother, being alone, in this music which is dressed up like a pop song, and all of the band members are dressed up like pop stars, and hes cursing rock and roll, yet this is a very rock and and roll song at heart, and the band are still rock stars at heart and i think the irony lies along the conflicting "outer" parts of the song and the deeper or "inner" parts of the song

I dunno. I think the music matches the tone of the lyrics. but I guess it's just a subjective thing. I think Disco, Pl. Man., and LNOE are more ironic. But I don't find the music to be contrapuntal to the contents in MoFo. :shrug:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I dunno. I think the music matches the tone of the lyrics. but I guess it's just a subjective thing. I think Disco, Pl. Man., and LNOE are more ironic. But I don't find the music to be contrapuntal to the contents in MoFo. :shrug:

You've lost me.

someone must host the mofo performance until tommorow morning when i can download it! i beg you. i'll give you my parents.

google "how to dismantle an atomic bomb lyrics"

Click the CACHED second result down.

Only the cached ones work and they might change very soon also as google updates its memory

Not a big fan of Mofo, but I really enjoyed this performance. The way Bono struts in the beginning of the performance - like a cat ready to pounce! I also like his interaction with the camera. It really suits the music.

Thanks for sharing.

bcr, thank you very much. i've been looking for that mofo :wink: for a very long time. :up:

Just listen to how tight Larry and Adam are in this performance, its deffo one of the best live performances I've ever heard/seen U2.

The Edge absolutely owns this performance.

Mofo is always 5000 times better live...

Back
Top Bottom