another rumour to add to the fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I read this over at @U2 just now.....

Universal Italy says the new U2 album will be released in May in an article on its web site detailing the label's releases for 2004. The text in Italian, I numerosissimi fans sono gi? in fibrillazione per il nuovo album degli U2 in arrivo a maggio roughly translates to "numerous fans are already anticipating the new album of U2 in arrival to May."

this is probably crap but it should be mentioned.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope it's May instead of next winter.

So many conflicting stories and rumors. ARGH!!! I'm tempted to just never check these boards anymore. Then one day, I'll just see the new U2 album in a store somewhere and be so happy to see it, and the years of agonizing wait will fade away. Should I happen to be on a date that night, she'll have to go home early. Should I be out with my buddies, I'll just tell them to kiss my ass, I have some U2 to listen to.

this really isn't crap. it's more beliavable than regina, from my perspective.

working at a record store, i can tell you that from what i've heard, May is the month. Im glad universal is beginning to confirm it.

Swan269 said:
this is probably crap but it should be mentioned. [/B]

Why is this crap?

Universal Music Italy expects the new album in May, i'm sure they're not making that up...

Universal France said a couple of months ago it would be March, and they were later proved right when everything else pointed at a March release. It's just become clear now that the realease has been postponed.

It has got to be May.. next winter makes no sense at all.

Yeah, if Universal Italy is putting it on their website, most likely it ain't crap. OK, now I have been proven wrong (as I've been touting a March release), however my prediction was at one point right on. It sure is a better prediction than Chizip who insists on a late summer release. No way, it'll be May for sure. Ask Anton.

Sul fronte della musica italiana si comincia con MODENA CITY RAMBLERS il cui album "Viva la vida, muera la muerte" uscir? il 23 gennaio, per continuare con una delle incontrastate protagoniste della scena musicale italiana, GIANNA NANNINI, con il nuovo "Perle" il 30 gennaio. Sempre in questa data esce l'atteso nuovo lavoro dei VERDENA, uno dei gruppi rock pi? credibili di casa nostra, i quali, a distanza di due anni dall'ultimo disco, pubblicano "Il suicidio dei samurai" a conferma della loro continua evoluzione musicale.
Da segnalare inoltre, sempre il 30 gennaio, l'interessantissimo progetto di GIOVANNI LINDO FERRETTI (PGR) dal titolo "Iniziali: BCGLF", colonna sonora dello spettacolo teatrale che vede l'artista impegnato in tour in una rivisitazione del percorso artistico di PGR (ex CSI, ex CCCP).
Si prosegue poi in primavera con due gioielli: saranno pubblicati infatti il primo album solista di RAIZ (ex leader degli Almamegretta) ed un progetto di GIANNI MAROCCOLO (PGR).
I nuovi attesissimi album di BIAGIO ANTONACCI e FRANCESCO RENGA vedranno la luce a privamera inoltrata ed infine a maggio il grande ritorno di ZUCCHERO.
Tante altre pubblicazioni sono previste durante l'anno per le quali daremo notizia prossimamente.
Sul versante internazionale invece si parte il 16 gennaio con il secondo album dei BUSTED, band inglese rivelazione del 2003 in testa alle classifiche inglesi per lungo tempo e con THURSDAY. A marzo tornano LIONEL RICHIE e PJ HARVEY. I numerosissimi fans sono gi? in fibrillazione per il nuovo album degli U2 in arrivo a maggio e, su etichetta VERVE ad aprile, il nuovo album di DIANA KRALL dal titolo "The girl next door".
Per le compilations il nuovo volume "JE T'AIME" il 23 gennaio e "STRISCIA LA COMPILATION" a febbraio. Continuer? inoltre nel corso dell'anno la fortunatissima serie "ONE SHOT".

what I meant by "crap" is I think everyone is tired of months and days and speculation. Universal Italy is a good a source as any.

The_acrobat said:
Thanks for letting us know. I hope it's May instead of next winter.

So many conflicting stories and rumors. ARGH!!! I'm tempted to just never check these boards anymore. Then one day, I'll just see the new U2 album in a store somewhere and be so happy to see it, and the years of agonizing wait will fade away. Should I happen to be on a date that night, she'll have to go home early. Should I be out with my buddies, I'll just tell them to kiss my ass, I have some U2 to listen to.

:lol: :lol: :laugh: :applaud:

:hyper:

Both Universal France and Italy said spring dates...maybe there is something to it!

Back
Top Bottom