Another New Video for OOTS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eyebrow: It's almost the same video...
- but without CG animations
- without those great light/flashing FX (that looked kind of like from SATS video)
- without the rest of U2 (well they are in the video for 1 or 2 seconds), it's just video of Bono singing

:| :eyebrow: :huh:

bathiu said:
:eyebrow: It's almost the same video...
- but without CG animations
- without those great light/flashing FX (that looked kind of like from SATS video)
- without the rest of U2 (well they are in the video for 1 or 2 seconds), it's just video of Bono singing

:| :eyebrow: :huh:

yeah... i like the previous version a lot more!

If you can't find it, try here:

http://music.aol.com/search/avresults.adp?query=original

I like this video. The Bono head shot gets a little repetitive after a while, but overall I like it, and it reminds me a little of a One video.

But I think I prefer the original version. I like the fx.

Hi Lila, hope you been having fun lately!

12.gif

i prefer the fisrt...but i hope they release the song like the last single from the Bomb all the world!

::snore::

I'm sorry, did I just watch U2's last video?
I must have. :|

How incredibly boring. This is going to get on my nerves all day today.
Hooray for CGI heads. :mad:

Blah. That's all. Although Edge's little poses did crack me up. But overall, that was pretty much crap. The original version is one step above crap, but this one is crap. FOR ME! :wink:

The multiple heads thing made my head swim a bit, too.

I'm not in love with either one frankly. But I've never been a fan of "high concept", so I slightly prefer this new one. Just show me the band.

this video disappoints me
i hope this isn't the version now played on vh1 and mtv
otherwise... :sick:

edit: and the original OOTS vid is probably my favorite U2 music video... for shame.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i guess they decided that the old video had too little actuall u2 in it. :shrug:

and is it just me, or did i see some full frontal nudity in there?

I think it was blurred.

i hope the one being showed on mtv and vh1 and such and such is the original one. i didn't quite see the originality of Bono singing to the camera. =/

does anyone maybe think there's a meaning behind having two things going on at the same time on the screen, blending together? maybe there's some intention behind making it not exaclty clear and easy to see? I dont know much about the inspirtiaon and reasoning behind the writing of these lyrics, but maybe that has something to do with it? just a thought...

I would think they would keep playing the other one (not this latest one) on vh1/mtv. It seemed to have finally made it into the vh1 top 20 countdown this past week. I was surprised that it seemed to have debuted at # 13.

OOTS version 2 was huge dissapointment. Version 1 was a brilliant concept video. It was very refreshing. The new version is dull, boring.. it drags the song down.

I don't know what prompted them to recut it. Bad choice!!

I don't think this one is terrible, but it is not as good as the first. I think they probably recut it because I thought that the song had more to do with a woman than birth or a child or whatever that first video was about. However, in the first one the "doo dah" part was the climax and was the exciting and fast part of the video, here it is like the same as the rest of the video...overall very disappointing.

Original of the Species video is the headline on AOL music, "New! Improvoed?". There is a poll for those who watch the video and here are the reaults so far:

Is it the "Bomb"?

Which version do you think is better?

34% - I love them both! ( i voted for this one, tried not to be mean)

29% - I love the original version!

28% - I love the new video!

9% - I hate them both

That 9 % number is pretty impressive, there was a poll like that for a rap video the other day on AOL music and it was something like this

80% I hate it

20% I love it

JMScoopy said:
couldnt they come up with anything better than bonos face singing into the camera? :madspit:

I guess not, but they'll get no complaints from me..
Bono's face .... his singing...I love it !!

i love how people here are disappointed with the new video yet everyone in pleba is drooling over it cause there is more bono :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom