Another instance of Creed coping U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

How many of you watched SNL and happened to see Creed? They were horrible. Stapp couldn't hit or hold several notes during the performance. His voice had no range whatsoever...maybe he was having a bad day. I saw them live once before and they were pretty good but they were horrible Saturday night.

But did anyone know that on Creed's "Joshua Tree" in addition to having a tree on the front they have a song on the record called "Bullet?"

That was probably the worst performance on SNL I have ever witnessed. He is the cheesiest lead singer ever!! Could he flail himself a little more???? And how many times did he shake his fist in the air??? My God, I would rather see a large vat of vomit perform on stage.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I don't care what you say Scott Stapp looked damn hot in those leather pants and his voice was in fine form. The bass player looks cool too. Lay off Creed, they'll never be U2 but thank GOD they ain't N'SYNC!!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Everyone copies U2...I thought that was common knowledge.

But I wasn't impressed w/ Bono's voice when U2 played SNL either.
------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-19-2001).]

creed blows.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Veranda: I'm sorry, but if you thought his voice was in "fine form" then there is not much worth in the word "fine". I may not have the ears of a champion but his voice was wayyyyy off key. Not only that but I truly think he sings the way he does, you know that paste on Eddie Vedder vocal sounding voice, because his real voice can't sing for HORSESHIT!!!!!

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I don't know much about Creed, except for the fact that almost everyone here sees them as U2 wannabes.

The SNL performance was the first time I had ever seen them in concert. I must say, these guys are awful. Could they be anymore artificial? The singer doesn't make up his mind. Does he want to be Bono, Eddie Vedder or Ricky Martin? All his movements look so choreographed.

Anyways, this was my first impression of them so I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Se7en:
But I wasn't impressed w/ Bono's voice when U2 played SNL either.
I'm not suprised you weren't

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Scott Stapp has the most exaggerated facial motions I've ever seen. It's like watching Kenneth Branagh in a rock band.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

here's a new one copying U2. A1 hired U2's producer, and states their new single sounds a lot like U2. It's the sincerest form of flattery, and you can't blame any of them, and it is not too bad when other groups try to sound like them because then the radio has some pleasant music. Creed is good, and so is Scott, he writes some nice lyrics, and the VH1 Behind the Music on them was very interesting.

It used to bother me when I noticed artists "copying" U2, but now I view it as a compliment to U2's artistic integrity, brilliance, originality, longevity, and success. U2 are rock and roll heroes to many bands today and I think others find them fashionable at the moment so inevitably the "copycats" will rear their ugly head. It's just a shame that bands can't create their very own "Joshua Tree" album without so obviously copying the original creators of it. Just goes to show you that a)bands like Creed lack true originality and b)won't stand the test of time because when you think about it, ALL the great bands in music history (even Madonna) broke all the rules and were at least ORIGINAL. Creed is certainly NONE of those and in my opinion are simply another example of average musicians with average songs who need to attach themselves to rock and roll icons like U2 for their own relevancy. I mean, when Creed's manager said "Weathered" would be Creed's Joshua Tree I at first vomited profusely before saying "Yup, for yours and the band's sake, you better HOPE IT IS", which, after listening to it, it clearly is NOT!

In any case, I still think it is a compliment to U2 that even wannabe's like Creed embrace them. Sure, they copy our boys, but isn't that the greatest sign of respect to U2?

Back
Top Bottom