another god part II question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2Hearts

War Child
I'm wanting opinions as to what the last verse of this song means.

"I feel like I'm falling, like I'm spinning on a wheel
It always stops beside a name a presence I can feel
I...I believe in love"

Who/what is the 'name' and 'presence'?

Um, completely unrelated to this thread but Typhoon:
"Location: Nowhere, New Mexico "..... you trading the 85% humidity of Raleigh for the "dry heat" of the desert?? I love Wilmington & the beaches, but damn! - I'd sure love 'em a lot more without the wet blanket heat from June until October! :yuck:

OK - sorry for the interruption.... :reject:

It is John Lennon, God Part II was written as the second part to Lennon's song, God, it mentions the name of a biographer who had just written an unflattering and controversial book about Lennon:
Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
Instant karma's gonna get him
If I don't get him first.
Don't believe that Rock 'n' Roll
Can really change the world
As it spins in revolution
Yeah, it spirals and turns.
I, I believe in love

BTW Instant Karma was a song by Lennon also. And of course the reference to Revolution. I'm sure there are other references in the song, never really looked into it much, I'm just an 80's teenager and remember when the song came out and all the fuss about Goldman's book.
Hope that helps

GOD Part II is the perfect song for the transition into the 90s. the song set the tone for whats coming next with AB.
as i wrote in another thread imo without GOD Part II there's not THE FLY, no UTEOTW and no ACROBAT... GOD Part II is the mother of this three great songs. all these songs are related thematically and they all have the passion and the balls what defines Rock & Roll.

faithingrace said:
It is John Lennon, God Part II was written as the second part to Lennon's song, God, it mentions the name of a biographer who had just written an unflattering and controversial book about Lennon:
Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
I, I believe in love

BTW Instant Karma was a song by Lennon also. And of course the reference to Revolution. I'm sure there are other references in the song, never really looked into it much, I'm just an 80's teenager and remember when the song came out and all the fuss about Goldman's book.

Hope that helps

I think that defintely summed it up.

faithingrace said:
Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
I, I believe in love

Hope that helps

You made me learn something today :sexywink:

BluRmGrl said:
Um, completely unrelated to this thread but Typhoon:
"Location: Nowhere, New Mexico "..... you trading the 85% humidity of Raleigh for the "dry heat" of the desert?? I love Wilmington & the beaches, but damn! - I'd sure love 'em a lot more without the wet blanket heat from June until October! :yuck:
Yup, I'm "cheating" by spending the summer in the desert. Viva dryness!

Back
Top Bottom