Another Dumb Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
What the hell?? Everyone else is doing it.

Lately, I've been finding myself spending more money than I should be on U2. Concert tickets, hotels, transportation, orgasmatrons...

Being a college student and holding an extremely low paying work study job, I need to find a way to save money, so I can continue to mindlessly spend money on my "habit".

Of course I need money for the essentials:
rent, cable, phone, cds, booze, etc. But I've decided a brilliant way to save even more money!!! Simple: I'll just quit eating!!
smile.gif
Easy as pie (shit--don't think about pie).

So the question for everyone tonight is...how long would you go without eating in order to meet U2?? I myself have gone a month without eating, but it was because of an illness. Maybe I could pull it off again, in the name of U2. And while I'm at it, I can acquire the bony supermodel look, especially since I'm 5'10!!! Bonus!

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

There's nothing wrong with spending your time and money on orgasmatrons. They have feelings too and deserve the best.

I'd go as long as I possibly could in order to meet the band, just as long as I still had an orgasmatron...they do make these for men right?
confused.gif

Actually in a dream the other night I met Larry and The Edge...I asked Edge to give me one of his guitars
biggrin.gif
, but I don't remember the answer.

------------------
"I'll see you when I get home!"

but remember when I moved in you
and the Holy Dove was moving too
and every breath we drew was Hallelujah

I'd go as long as I had to as long as I'd get a bite of Larry at the end.

eek.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

yeah, that's what I'm talking about popwhore!

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

~LadyLemon~ I have the answer to your U2 dilemma, as I, like you, have been spending copious amounts of money on U2 this year, while living off an extremely tight budget.

Stage 1:

The basic things start to suffer... you begin to burn CD's instead of buying them, you decide your old shoes can last another season, you realize that you really don't need that new shirt. Basically new personal items are not an option (unless of course they have U2 on them).

Stage 2:

You start going out less, spending more time on certain U2 fansites, and you buy cheaper booze.

Stage 3:

Finally you realize this still isn't all helping. Not enough. Enter Food. Or lack there of. Basically I have two words for you ~LadyLemon~ 'Survivor Special'.

Yes, that's right- White Rice. It's cheap, it's filling and you can actually live off it. Believe me, I know.

So, what has this all gotten me you ask? Well, I have only seen U2 3x this year, but that's 3 shows in 3 different countries. Canada, England, Ireland and now... with the help of more rice... a 4th in America.

biggrin.gif
Bon Appetit!! lol

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Angel, I actually did have rice for dinner the other night...hahaha. But brown is better for you!
smile.gif

Yep, I have been going out less (due to homework mainly) and my booze has become cheaper. I've gone from captain morgan and killians to budweiser and cheap wine.
smile.gif

Wow, 4 different countries!!! Damn!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Elvis is in your mom

dude, don't starve yourself. Eat alot of sugar and go down to donate plasma. You get paid for that. And of course, there's always the local strip club's amateur night. Not that I would know about that or anything.....

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Sharky--I'm only kidding. I would never starve myself. Just my wacky humor at work.
I'm Italian (among others things). We don't eat to live, we live to eat! lol

Hmm...but drug dealing is always an option.
I'd rather go for than than prostitute myself.
wink.gif

------------------
Elvis is in your mom

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-27-2001).]

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:

Of course I need money for the essentials:
rent, cable, phone, cds, booze, etc. But I've decided a brilliant way to save even more money!!! Simple: I'll just quit eating!!
smile.gif
Easy as pie (shit--don't think about pie).

OMG! That just made me laugh my butt off! *lol*

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Angel, I actually did have rice for dinner the other night...hahaha. But brown is better for you!
smile.gif

I know, brown rice is better for you... but it takes too long to cook!! lol

I get the lovely instant-5-minutes-to-make variety.
smile.gif

------------------
Elvis is in your mom

LOL Lemon! I never thought of drug dealing.....hmm......

Oh you're Italian? You need to come to my neighborhood. There's this supposedly great Italian restaurant around the corner from me but supposedly you don't get good service if you're not Italian. I mean, granted, I also live four blocks away from where Al Capone got married but whatever.

Hmm.....ya know, if you're Italian and need money maybe you should join the mob.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

My enormous appetite is legendary among my friends, there's nothing I love more than EATING!!!!! (except maybe U2)

U2 is costing me a FORTUNE. This leg alone, my costs are up to $850 and that doesn't even count my Montreal hotel, my rental car and my Vegas ticket. The whole leg ought to run me $1200 or so. Plus, I have to get my perifery things like an orgasmatron club shirt, a number shirt for my Edge clone, etc.

But back to the question, I would NEVER starve myself for U2...(my sacrifice is basically my fall wardrobe and my extra ballet tix, and my line of credit) UNLESS....I were guaranteed an opportunity to dance for them on stage. In that case, with my willpower, I'd probably last, oh 1 or 2 days. Sad, but true.

And now, back to my lunch!
biggrin.gif

Mrs. Edge!! Ya gotta start selling those stories!!!
smile.gif
I have to get one of those orgasmatron shirts too--they're great!

Plus I'm trying to save money for my spring break trip...usually I go to Florida to stay at my dad's place and watch a few Indians spring training games, but this year I'm going to LONDON!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sharky: "As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."
biggrin.gif
That's a line from one of my favorite movies, EVER.
In fact, I've been thinking of using it for my sig. There are actually rumors of my great-grandpa being involved in the mob. I know he did kill at least one person, and had to flee the country for a few years. He was also one mean SOB. Too bad I never got to meet him...he could have taught me a thing or two.
wink.gif

------------------
Elvis is in your mom

I have no willpower to resist food
frown.gif

So unless I was heavily sedated, I wouldn't last more than 12 hours

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Originally posted by Bloodied:
I have no willpower to resist food
frown.gif

So unless I was heavily sedated, I wouldn't last more than 12 hours

I know that feeling... but since you and the guys are going to the Hamilton show and Im not... I would probably go for a good 72 hours without food... I mean hey, I didnt eat for a week striaght when I had pnemonia... and my mom made me go to school too... *sobs*

Correction. I might be going to the Hamilton show. With the way canadapost is screwing up right now, who knows?

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Hmmm true, true... Although James really fucked everyone up the ass by choosing Adam instead of me, since I could have given everyone a ride up there and back and all... Oh well, sucks when youre uncles the mayor of hamilton and you cant utilize that to meet an end...

And no, not literally fucked up the ass, especially not with one of the fine lady's orgasmatrons... cuz then the ladys wouldnt be able to use them, and we couldnt have that now could we?

(btw, am I allowed to say that? if not... fuckity fuck fuck mcfuck LMAO... im sorry...)

------------------
"The coroner?! Im SO sick of that guy. Well, see you in the operating place!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

Back
Top Bottom