Another Dallas review!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
As others have said, last night's show in Dallas was OUTSTANDING!!! And loud! Thank God I wore earplugs during most of it. My husband's ears were still ringing this morning.

Anyway, I had GC seats right out by the tip of the heart. From the get-go, U2 and the crowd were very much into the show, feeding off each other's energy.

About the setlist, it was much different than what my husband and I heard in Atlanta in March. Highlights were In God's Country, Please, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, and OUT OF CONTROL (I couldn't believe it!)

Yes, Edge has guitar problems all night. During the middle of Kite, the amp suddenly went out. At least Bono's guitar playing was going well.
smile.gif
There were also problems with BulletTBS and the solo suffered a bit because Edge was trying to fix his amp (or whatever that thing is behind him where his BVM statue stands) and play at the same time. Still, Edge went crazy on UTEOTW and Bono was kicking him and the guitar and then putting his mic on the guitar for feedback. Very cool bullfighting, as Bono was wearing a borrowed cowboy hat.

The place erupted during Streets and again during One. People seemed really moved by the victims' names, and everyone was holding their finger in the air, singing along. Bono said, "These are my sisters, these are my brothers." At the end, he was too choked up to sing. My husband said he watched the big screen and it looked like Bono was saying over and over to himself, "I love you dad."

The show was so wonderful, it could have lasted two days and too much would still not have been enough. Bono's voice was very powerful and he didn't hold back, even during the high parts of New Year's Day.

As the guy next to me said during Bad, "This is blessed. This is blessed." I definitely felt like I was at a revival, celebrating love and unity. During ISHFWILF, Bono even said, "It's Sunday now. Take it to church!" while motioning for everyone to clap over their heads.

Needless to say, I am still elevated. It may seem passe to some of you, but this was only my second show ever, so I really wanted to share my thoughts on the show. Hope everyone else in Dallas had a good time. And now I sit and wait for my pictures to be developed.

Hey Heartland Girl...thanks for the review...the show sounded awesome! I'm glad that you got to see U2 on this 3rd leg...the shows, Bono's voice, the Edge's guitar, the crowd are much more emotional and powerful in the way they are responding to U2 on stage...and the songs that the band are playing is perfect for what our world is experiencing right now.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take peoples' minds through it."
Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

Wow! What a crazy spectacular weekend! My ears are still ringing too from being in front of the stage last night. I really hope I get my hearing back soon. And still feeling tired and dehydrated from waiting so long in the GA line, but I'm happy I did it!

About what Bono was saying during One...I actually thought he was saying "God dammit" over and over again. He looked like he was having some problems with his guitar. He even looked up at Edge at one point with this expression on his face like "This is not going well." I'm not sure though. Don't know how much I could have trusted my hearing. Everything was a big happy noise.

Originally posted by lylas:

About what Bono was saying during One...I actually thought he was saying "God dammit" over and over again. He looked like he was having some problems with his guitar. He even looked up at Edge at one point with this expression on his face like "This is not going well." I'm not sure though. Don't know how much I could have trusted my hearing. Everything was a big happy noise.

That's entirely possible too! My husband may just be totally delusional with his theory about what Bono was saying. I was too busy singing and swaying to pay attention. I'm sure you had a better vantage point!

Glad you had a great time...they really rocked last night!

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

The show was so wonderful, it could have lasted two days and too much would still not have been enough. Bono's voice was very powerful and he didn't hold back, even during the high parts of New Year's Day.

As the guy next to me said during Bad, "This is blessed. This is blessed." I definitely felt like I was at a revival, celebrating love and unity. During ISHFWILF, Bono even said, "It's Sunday now. Take it to church!" while motioning for everyone to clap over their heads.

A very inspirational review, HeartlandGirl. Awesome. Speaking of New Years Day, I think that of the pre-Joshua Tree hits played this tour, New Years Day stands out as the most beautiful performed live. Bono just soars.

Amen, sistah!! thanks for that very touching and accurate review of the best show i've been to on this tour; the reason this show was a little more "elevated" than when i was at the last show of the 1st leg in jersey...was the all- round intensity and emotion throughtout this show; GOOD GAWD..."OUT OF CONTROL" and "IN GOD'S COUNTRY" just made me flip out!!! it was sooo awesome!!!!!

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace U2 lovers
wink.gif
....from AdamGrrl

[This message has been edited by eebz (edited 11-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by eebz (edited 11-27-2001).]

Glad you made it HG, since you were also at atlanta im glad you can agree this was a much better show. Atlanta probably had a better arena for concerts, and the sound may have been a little better. The Edge problems didn't take anything away from it though. The crowd energy and the band performance overshadowed any little F ups. Unless they come here, this was it for me this time
frown.gif

God Bless

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Back
Top Bottom