Another album soon?? Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard U2 is releasing an album tomorrow. Can someone confirm? :)

Well, very nice.
But from where this is coming? New York Times?

i don't want to be a downer on this, but i'm going to take an "i'll believe it when it happens" approach to this. i've heard the band say too many times that they want to get another album out quickly, and then it doesn't happen. i will admit that the circumstances around this one seem different though.

i don't want to be a downer on this, but i'm going to take an "i'll believe it when it happens" approach to this. i've heard the band say too many times that they want to get another album out quickly, and then it doesn't happen. i will admit that the circumstances around this one seem different though.

Yeah--especially because a lot of this reporting on the new album is just recycling quotes. But I think we have at least 3 distinct reports of it now--it seems like they/Bono want people to know about it.

Yeah--especially because a lot of this reporting on the new album is just recycling quotes. But I think we have at least 3 distinct reports of it now--it seems like they/Bono want people to know about it.
Maybe to cover their a**** after the poor response to this one?

I think this makes commercial sense, release a single from the new album in time for the 2010 grammys which gives U2 a chance to dominate them with both albums out, will be out in time for the holiday season 2010 (like they wanted to do for NLOTH) and help to continue the tour in 2010 with a lot more buzz, makes sense!! I love it bc this is better than a double album, it spreads things out and I think they see this as possibly one last big shot to stay on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom