Another album soon?? Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono I think is trying to say that NLOTH is about starting anew after a period of wasted time (infinity is a great place to start) and the pilgrimage theme is about reconnecting and rebuilding purpose in life.

From Fez to Dublin and beyond, via presidents and royalty, Sean O'Hagan charts the making of the new U2 album | Music | The Observer

Bono "It's like, well, you think of the heartache of the invasion of Iraq, or the heartache of taking on heroin, which we've known from friends who have taken that drug, and you think of the wasted energy in a life that comes from just taking on the wrong fight. It could be with your lover. There it was and you blew it. You just didn't know what you had. That's why I love the opening of the album - No Line on the Horizon. There's no end in sight. It's infinity, it's optimistic. [sings] 'I know a girl who's like the sea.' The sea and the sky become the same colour and you lose the horizon line as it disappears into infinity. Infinity is a great place to start.

"You know, it's like that thing that people said about U2, that most bands start off writing about girls and end up writing about God, but we started off writing about God and ended up writing about girls. But we found the God in the girls, that would be my retort."

Fuck, now I'm all :hyper: about this new album...

more posted:

*Bono's eyeliner is from a character he's trying out (sort of like MacPhisto or The Fly on the ZooTV tour).
*New album released in the next year. Album is called Songs of Ascent and the first single will be "Every Breaking Wave." Bono compares this second album in mood to A Love Supreme and Kind of Blue.
*The original backing track they worked up for "Moment of Surrender" is the one you hear on the album.
*Bono hopes that they can one day release band versions of some of the Spider-Man songs as a U2 album, saying "it could be our Tommy."
*A discarded version of the "Breathe" lyrics were about Nelson Mandela.

more posted:

*Bono's eyeliner is from a character he's trying out (sort of like MacPhisto or The Fly on the ZooTV tour).
*New album released in the next year. Album is called Songs of Ascent and the first single will be "Every Breaking Wave." Bono compares this second album in mood to A Love Supreme and Kind of Blue.
*The original backing track they worked up for "Moment of Surrender" is the one you hear on the album.
*Bono hopes that they can one day release band versions of some of the Spider-Man songs as a U2 album, saying "it could be our Tommy."

New album within a year + Spider-Man soundtrack by Feb. '10 = :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

more posted:

*New album released in the next year.

Is this the exact wording? Or does it say "released next year."? I'm curious because the first would seem to imply within 365 days; the second, within calendar year 2010.

So we can 100% confirm that it is absolutely nothing like A Love Supreme or Kind of Blue. Thanks Bono.

Nelson Mandela is namechecked on the Breathe lyric sheet in the book that comes with the fancy pants NLOTH.

I can't believe this is happening... This could be their quickest album turnaround since 1984...

I can't freaking wait! I'm so excited about a more meditative album, although I still won't be hearing the new one for another 2 weeks; based on many reviews, the band got a bit cowardly with the more mainstream stuff; this is gonna be awesome! Another reason to live!

It doens't matter if someone else has used the title. You can't copyright a title. They could call the next album Abbey Road if they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom