Annoyance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I had a VERY detailed post listing tons of info. about Week 51's chart news. However, apparently the numerous changes that Joel constantly makes to this web page caused a glitch and NONE of that post appeared - it just disappeared from the face of the earth. I don't have time to retype that message, so please be patient until I have the time.

Has anyone else experienced their posts just "disappearing?"

(This has been emailed to doctorwho)

First off... what was the error message? and did it literally pop-up? or was it just on the browser?
Second... depending on what happened, hitting refresh on a forms page is never a wise idea
Third... Information not being in a form, when hitting the back button is a problem with certain browsers and unfortunately is out of my control. I just did this myself with 4 ebay items I listed while using Internet Explorer, and it works fine. I also just tested it with Feedback, same working results.

If you give me details on your problems I can at least look into them, without details and being able to reproduce the problem there isn't much I can do.

I haven't had anyone report similar problems - ever - and the recent changes that have been made to the board in no way affect postings or forms.

Until we figure out what's wrong, I would suggest quickly clicking in the posting form box, and doing a 'copy', just incase you happen to lose your post, you'll then be able to re-post by pasting.

Hope we can get this solved for ya
smile.gif

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Elvis is dead.

I'm sorry DoctorWho
smile.gif
I love reading your chart news.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Finally, I am able to post again. I have a new ID which I got because the old one did not work. Then there is a new approval process for new IDs, I was not sure if my old ID would work again or if the new one would start up. I e-mailed Bubba who said my old ID had somehow vanished?!?! Now the new one has been approved so I am now, STING2.

Just like to add that this is actually "STING" and should be my 1200 post! I am not a babyface!

Thank you Goddess. I'm just happy I can post again. I guess they really screen people for new IDs, I joined in the old days in August of 2000 when there was instant approval. Not sure how my old ID vanished. One day the system said that it did not exist. I'm sure the information is somewhere there. Probably just a glitch in the system.

Back
Top Bottom