Angel of Harlem Slane DVD Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Any idea why in Slane Bono changes the lyrics to start with "Suicide at JFK" ;instead of "When we touched the ground at JFK"? I have had the song going through my head through days and this is now driving me crazy.

You know, that's my favourite performance of Angel Of Harlem and I never even noticed the changed lyrics!

I wouldn't have a clue why he made that change ...

if he sings "Suicide at JFK" instead of "We touched the ground at JFK" it goes better with the next line: "Snow was melting on the ground." he doesn't say "ground" twice.

or does he sing "Snow was melting all around"? :huh:

Yeah, that suicide at JFK is kinda confusing, I noticed it the first time I heard it........but it doesn't sound very positive, I guess something happened that made him change lyrics.......

BrownEyedBoy said:
Could it be a Michael Hutchence reference??? :scratch:

Or he sings "suicide of JFK" ignoring that he was killed and didn't committed suicide... :wink:

Knowing how well Bono can remember his own lyrics, I think he maybe thought he was singing the correct lyrics. This is a man who can even screw up the first lines of Where The Streets Have No Name, so anything is possible. :D

You know, I had a wonderful theory ... and now I've forgotten it, so I'll agree with Marty instead!

i thought he was singing 'stood outside the JFK'.after the song is finished bono says something like 'angel of dorset street' referring to larry's mistake at the beggining of the song. i was wondering what connection has dorset street with larry?

I think Marty's right...he just forgets lyrics or where he is in the song! Or maybe it was supposed to be a reference to Billie Holliday's heroin addiction (she overdosed, right?) and somehow he dragged the airport into it?

Porter said:
maybe he paid a visit there before that show
whistle.gif

if it was SUICIDE AT JFK... a few day before 9/11... and I thing that a plane leftfrom JFK that day...

maybe BONO can predict things now...
or maybe he knew about everything...

:hmm:

I'm sticking with my "Bono hitting 40 makes him forget about lyrics" story

:|

Porter said:
i thought he was singing 'stood outside the JFK'.after the song is finished bono says something like 'angel of dorset street' referring to larry's mistake at the beggining of the song. i was wondering what connection has dorset street with larry?

I wonder if he changes stuff a lot as an inside joke with the other guys but then i wonder how much Larry can even hear with all the drum banging.

Back
Top Bottom