Ange(RED)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AttnKleinkind

The Fly
(I'm not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move accordingly!)
So I'm kind of upset/conflicted about (RED). See, I'm buying my first iPod ever. And, I usually don't like spending heaps of money but hey, as long as I'm at it, I can buy a RED ipod and some money goes to a really amazing cause. Also red just so happens to be my favourite colour. The thing is...for some reason the 8GB iPods (in Canada) are $220 from the Apple website. But if I wanted, I could buy an ipod from Future Shop for $200. The only thing is, I can only get a RED iPod from the website. So, in theory, I could buy a regular one from future shop and give $20 to the RED fund, which would do more good than the $10 that would go from buying my RED ipod.

I think that's kind of lame...because I want to support the whole red thing, but at the same time, if I *really* wanted to be an ethical consumer I would have to buy a non-red ipod. So basically I'm annoyed that I'm in this (admittedly trivial) dilemma. Because come on, I thought they wanted us to be more conscious spenders! And also the red one is just so pretty. :sad:

Buy a regular old iPod from Future Shop (it is indeed interesting how they are cheaper at retail compared to online in Canada).

Then, just donate some money to Mediciens sans Frontiers or a similar charity doing work in Africa when you get your tax refund.

:up:

Or buy the pretty RED one, and give another $10 to the RED fund. You won't feel guilty and sure you'll have spent an extra $10 bucks but in the long run you still have your pretty red ipod.

martha said:
A can of spraypaint will turn any ipod red. :up:
F*** activistm with a focus on making money. Just make your own opinion, free your mind. You don't need an ipod, red or whatever. There are really bigger problems in this world than these strange marketing campaigns. Hopefully we will have the chance to talk about new music, soon.

martha said:
A can of spraypaint will turn any ipod red. :up:

How inspi(RED) of you :wink:

I wouldn't go out of your way to buy the (RED) iPod if it's going to cost more (I'm guessing the price you mentioned doesn't include shipping, either). I think a big part of (RED) is raising consumer awareness, too, and you're already aware of the issues behind the campaign and know where you can look if you want more information or want to make a donation.

Dalton said:
you guys see what she did with the (red) theme right there?

That's clever, right?

I bloody c(an't) st(and) the way some peo(ple) type Red. I don't see anyb(ody) following the stylisat(ion) of anything e(lse). When was the l(ast) time you r(ead) about "who's gonna RIDE your WILD HORSES" or "TRYIN' to throw your ARMS around the WORLD"? That's right, never, because nobody types like that and it looks STU(PID).

the tourist said:
Just get an 80 gb classic for $250. Much better deal.

How many songs will it hold? I've got the 30G video U2 one, but I'm definitely going to have to upgrade within a couple years. It won't hold my whole music collection by then.

Axver said:

I bloody c(an't) st(and) the way some peo(ple) type Red. I don't see anyb(ody) following the stylisat(ion) of anything e(lse). When was the l(ast) time you r(ead) about "who's gonna RIDE your WILD HORSES" or "TRYIN' to throw your ARMS around the WORLD"? That's right, never, because nobody types like that and it looks STU(PID).

right(ON) brot(HER):wink: :wink:

U2isthebest said:

How many songs will it hold? I've got the 30G video U2 one, but I'm definitely going to have to upgrade within a couple years. It won't hold my whole music collection by then.

My 80 gigger has nearly 5500 songs on it, and it still isn't halfway full. :drool: I love it so much I want to marry it

I'm really happy they came out with this "classic" iPod. Lots more gig space for about the same price I paid for my U2 one in '04.

:up:

Axver said:

axver's cheating

Axver said:
(but)...:sad:

it reminds me of e e cummings or something, i dunno.

KhanadaRhodes said:
(but)...:sad:

it reminds me of e e cummings or something, i dunno.

:)lol:)

I (can)'t stand t(hat) hack E. E. Cummings any(way).

U2isthebest said:

I rip my cds in between 192-256 kbps. Right now, I have 2102 songs in my iTunes library and it's 12.7 gb. My 80 gb iPod can hold roughly 6x what I've got.

coolian2 said:
It isn't making us too bo(RED) though.

Yes, but after the 'fuck' thread, clearly we are easily uh ... amu(SED)!

Back
Top Bottom