And you guys are supposed to be hard core U2 fans??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roland of Gilead said:
If anything, U2 just got reassured that they'll sell out all their limited edition deluxe sets. They'll sell damn fast now! :yes:

Well in case you haven't checked at least in the U.S., Amazon & Borders has already sold out.

ramblin rose said:

Well in case you haven't checked at least in the U.S., Amazon & Borders has already sold out.

Crap... Hopefully it'll be available in stores. :ohmy: Might have to check Amazon's Canadian website...

salim117, thanks for trying to elevate the discussion in this forum.:wink:

There are still people in the world with standards of good conduct, but, unfortunately, there are more in the world who are consistently only concerned with self-gratification.

To each their own - but I'm glad that you took the moral high ground on this one. And, as you can see by so many of the negative responses to your post, it's not the popular stance to take.:ohmy:

LOVE OR PEACE.....or else. :hug:

For people who decide to get up on the Soapbox and preach about oh your not a fan for downloading the album blah blah blah I have one thing to say to you in the words of Monty Python "I fart in your general direction" :wink:

The point is since Ive dled and listened to the album its pushed my desire to have the cd in my possession a hundred fold! Since I got into U2 Ive spent id say nearly a thousand dollars on collectables,concert tickets and the stuff that goes with it to support my favorite band.

I posted on the actual news article about I know someone in a used record store that is as much a hardcore U2 fan as anyone and I know he'll buy the album so what I did was I had him on the phone and let him listen to Miracle Drug in its entirety and he was even more amazed so I made him a copy for him to enjoy until its released officially. Everyone that works in that store has been waiting to hear How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and as fans there glad they at least got to hear it (These are the guys that I trade Concert cds with) and I got a album promo banner as a thank you.

Anyway I just feel that as long as the album will be bought what is the big bloody deal? As a fan Im deff satisfied to know the boys did it again and made another instant classic!

I have just one question for people whining about the downloading habits of others.

What's in a date?

Jamila said:
salim117, thanks for trying to elevate the discussion in this forum.:wink:

There are still people in the world with standards of good conduct, but, unfortunately, there are more in the world who are consistently only concerned with self-gratification.

To each their own - but I'm glad that you took the moral high ground on this one. And, as you can see by so many of the negative responses to your post, it's not the popular stance to take.:ohmy:

LOVE OR PEACE.....or else. :hug:

Maybe, but the way he posted was in bad taste. I downloaded it and have listened several times. I am still going to buy the regular album and the collector's edition. They are getting plenty of money out of me. I am against downloading instead of buying, but if I do both, who am I hurting? If you don't want to download, but give me your moral high ground bullshit. Are you one of those who always gets involved with other people's business?

Some days are set aside for special occasions and each day should hold something new for you to discover, no?
ie--Do you celebrate your birthday, Christmas, New Year's, etc.?

(That particular day will never happen again)

Plus the media will always focus on how well the CD sold in how short a time.
*hopefully off soap box for some time now:wink: :huh:

(this message was in response to the "what's in a date question")

Last edited:
I love U2! I downloaded the album, but I'm not letting random people download the MP3's from me... that's my small gesture of respect, even though, unfortunately, moderates are going to get the digital tracks anyway, inevitably... but at least I never pulled the trigger.
Anyway, when new u2 material surfaces, I listen to it on repeat thousands a times a week, so in reality, by the time the new U2 album is officially released, I'll just be warmed up at best!

-- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmai.com

I'm a glutton for new U2 and I'm LOVING it.

I can't believe that a standard of "good conduct" is being established based on what day of the month you are listening to new U2. If that's not absurdity, I don't know what is.

Even I'm not that absurd at times... that's a big statement, but it's also only self-proclaimed.. soooo hi Anitram, I think "Are you gonna wait forever' should have been on the new album!

Nicholas

Actually U2's music IS timeless/ageless. It is that good IMHO and of course the other "blue crack addicts here". And no matter what the form it comes in (bootleg, CD, whatever) it conveys and transmits feelings in the the listener taking them "to a different place" out of (possibly a shitty day etc.) The "magic" it always sure to be found in the music you dig the first or the millionth time you hear it if it really floats your boat.
I didn't mean to attack anyone for downloading...I went listened to the songs=I am not sharing them illegally...I didn't "pull the trigger"either *good way of putting it*...U2 was going to in a matter of days anyway.

In no way did I mean to force my "principles" on anyone. I must admit I have had shareware on my computer in the past...sorta hypocritical of me, huh?

I have no right to judge what any does or to tell them how to spend their money. I agree. But maybe make a positive suggestion.:|

Last edited:
All of you who claimed to respect the band so much, after hearing about the strictest measures to prevent their album from leaking, went ahead and downloaded the album anyway. If U2 were as relaxed about downloading freely as you think they are, then why did they go through all that trouble to protect their release? Why did U2 go into a near panic trying to locate a missing copy of their album over the summer? Don't even try to speculate about whether or not U2 was responsible for this leak. Such speculation is necessary for you ungrateful fans to attempt to justify what you've done.

Last edited:
bsp77 said:

Maybe, but the way he posted was in bad taste. I downloaded it and have listened several times. I am still going to buy the regular album and the collector's edition. They are getting plenty of money out of me. I am against downloading instead of buying, but if I do both, who am I hurting? If you don't want to download, but give me your moral high ground bullshit. Are you one of those who always gets involved with other people's business?

You're absolutly right bps77, I was out of line in terms of how I went about posting my thoughts and I APPOLOGIZE to everyone. I shouldn't of called into question your fandom. Woke up on the wrong side otb, plus I'm dying to hear the album. Still, I stand by what I said.So I hope you all make sure not to make the tracks available to random downloaders. Enjoy the album and I hope to join everyone in your musical extacy in 16 days.

Salim

Well I downloaded the album.

Yes I have waited 4 years already, but not through choice.

I have never taken drugs in my life. But I listen to music everyday.

And yesterday the dealer came round with something. He said it was some of his best stuff and I should give it a try. So I Did.

Does that make me bad. Well yeah, but it feels so good.

-Macphisto-UK said:
Well I downloaded the album.

Yes I have waited 4 years already, but not through choice.

I have never taken drugs in my life. But I listen to music everyday.

And yesterday the dealer came round with something. He said it was some of his best stuff and I should give it a try. So I Did.

Does that make me bad. Well yeah, but it feels so good.

:lmao:

Couldn't have said it better.

The bottom line is:

If you're going to buy it anyway, and someone offers it to you early, why wait?

And another thing: why assume that people immediately took it and threw it on a file-sharing network to give to the whole goddamn world?? I downloaded from here - put it in a folder - and have listened to it nonstop ever since. I don't even use a file-sharing program! It hasn't been and won't be heard from me outside of my own apartment.

There's NO harm in that. Maybe you wouldn't do it, but don't presume to tell me that I'm not a fan, me bucko. ;)

If I wasn't a fan, would I be listening to "City of Blinding Lights" while covered in peanut butter and jelly and rolling around my - oh, my god. Did I say that out loud?

This is awkward. :eyebrow:

I know alot of you are going to think it's no big deal and I don't mean to preach but....................

All of you who downloaded the album SUCK!!

you made a big mistake insulting most of us! go and fuck yourself! Opps! sorry you already did with your idiotic rant! :lmao:

:banghead: I don't know but there are about 3 or 4 of these threads that are driving me nuts:banghead:

At least a merge might help.

salim117 said:

You're absolutly right bps77, I was out of line in terms of how I went about posting my thoughts and I APPOLOGIZE to everyone. I shouldn't of called into question your fandom. Woke up on the wrong side otb, plus I'm dying to hear the album. Still, I stand by what I said.So I hope you all make sure not to make the tracks available to random downloaders. Enjoy the album and I hope to join everyone in your musical extacy in 16 days.

Salim

This thread is deteriorating fast and is spawning personal attacks. Therefore, I am going to close it.

Look, we are ALL U2 fans...that's why we are here.

We're one, but we're not the same.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom