And the award for worst u2 cover goes to.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are on crack. That was actually pretty damn good. That massive choir was cool and that girl belted it out really well I thought. It's alot better than Mary J Blige doing One, and it's most definately not the worst U2 cover ever. Not even close.

Its transposed up a step and a half making the high note a D... I think her voice is annoying during the chorus but it sounds fine during the verses.

the huge choir is also really cool.

Its definately not the worst, but I think her voice is damn annoying during the chorus.

It also loses points for the cheesy musicians.

Sting said:
Its transposed up a step and a half making the high note a D... I think her voice is annoying during the chorus but it sounds fine during the verses.

the huge choir is also really cool.

Its definately not the worst, but I think her voice is damn annoying during the chorus.

It also loses points for the cheesy musicians.

I agree.

I've seen a lot worse U2 covers.

It may not be the worst U2 cover ever, but it still sounds like a dog's arse.

I love the fact that it's Bono's Pride (In The Name Of Love). The verse isn't that bad but I think it gets the award for worst chorus of a U2 cover.

tarquinsuperb said:
I love the fact that it's Bono's Pride (In The Name Of Love). The verse isn't that bad but I think it gets the award for worst chorus of a U2 cover.

Tha's the way alot(most) of U2's writing credits are though. It's even printed that way on their albums.

Music: U2
Words: Bono

The instrumentation is 'WHACK'...the chorus vocal however is pretty cool...still incredibly 'cheesy' though.

edit - wait a minute what the fuck? When the choir came in I thought 'Haha, wouldn't it be funny if all those guys at the back were the cho-....oh.' :ohmy:

Johnny Cash One?..........My arse better than U2's version........WORST VERSION EVER!

Over rated piss! Almost as over rated as Nirvana!

Final Straw said:
Johnny Cash One?..........My arse better than U2's version........WORST VERSION EVER!

:madspit:

One of the best U2 covers I've ever heard. By far.

If you'd like to name a better one, I'd like to hear it.

XHendrix24 said:

If you'd like to name a better one, I'd like to hear it.

Eh....REM covering One!

Stop listening to 'THE HYPE' around Johnny Cash's One. It's nothing special.

Final Straw said:

I don't listen to the hype surrounding his version of one. I listen to his version of One. Because it is something special.

:wink:

I thought Cash's version of One was pretty good. It was a little bland though and I didn't really like the whole country-ish rhythm although I know it's his style. I kinda miss the full band sound of the original. Acoustic/piano didn't do it for me, but Cash always sounds like he's singing something important, so it was nice.

I love the Cash version of One, but then again, he is a master of covering songs... just look at Hurt and Personal Jesus.

The Clay version of Streets... :| :| :|

Final Straw said:

Eh....REM covering One!

I didn't realise there was any hype surrounding Cash's version of one. Maybe on U2 fan sites but that's about it. I like it because I like it but it does not come close to the original. Johnny Cash didn't own One the way he owned Hurt.

OH....I think I'm going to be sick...I almost started crying when I heard Clay start singing....when I saw the title of the video I was like....this is a sick joke right??

But I liked the girl...except...Did she even sing the MLK verse?

And didn't she look lonely on that huge stage even though that monster choir was behind her?

Ok about Clay.......................................Was anyone else emotionally scared by his facial expressions/movements?

And....why has no one maimed him for doing this?

U2 should have just given One to Johnny Cash, as his version is excellent while the original is forgettable dross. Definitely one of the best covers ever.

The worst U2 cover may just be Starfield's 40. An absolute disgrace.

Axver, that's the one on in the Name of Love right?

Cause if it is...yeah....that definently was not up to par...

Final Straw said:

Since when was there hype surrounding Johnny Cash's version of One? Perhaps you're getting mixed up with his cover of Hurt by NIN, of which there was plenty of coverage.

Cash's version of One is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom