And I Can See Those Spider Brains, I Mean, Fighter Planes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Priceless!!
biggrin.gif

We were also singing the Swedish Thing in Stockholm, someone even had a sign saying the same!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

Another classic interpretation of BTBS:
"see them driving nails into the souls of chia pets!"

------------------
The joker is the best card.

The other day I was looking through yahoo auctions and came across someone selling the single "If God Will Send His Angels" except he had written it as"If God Will End His Angles" typo I know but funny!

By the way I bidded on a u2 snowglobe but got outbidded right at the last minute!
frown.gif

Originally posted by CatDubh:
Priceless!!
biggrin.gif

We were also singing the Swedish Thing in Stockholm, someone even had a sign saying the same!
biggrin.gif

My brother was singing that at the show in Vancouver. He knows what it really is but he felt it tied in nicely with the Swedish hockey talent in Vancouver.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

They left out the best/worst 1........."Shimu, the mysterious whale!"
biggrin.gif

And whats with...

Misheard Lyrics:
A mole, digging in a hole
Correct Lyrics:
A hole, digging in a hole

Kinda shot themselves in the foot no?

Hole digging in a hole? Cool!

In Beautiful Day, instead of "After the flood all the colours came out," I used to hear "After the flood on the Coruscay Mine." I thought the Coruscay Mine was, um, some mine, somewhere.
biggrin.gif

One I saw elsewhere that I really liked was "We'll slide down the surface of pigs" instead of "We'll slide down the surface of things" in EBTTRT.

Ok I was reading those and laughing hysterically..."Sometimes I feel like chicken eyes"??!! "I see the toaster disappear without a trace"!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 10-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Check out these funny misheard U2 lyrics!!!!!

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/u2.shtml

ROTF!!!
My favorites are "someday Johnny someday" and "swedish thing".

And i must admit i also heard "Edge is blowing in the breeze" once, not to mention "sky folds, you feel like it's a beautiful day" and "but no, it's elevation" (instead of the goal is elevation).
My most bizzare misheard U2 lyric would have to be from I still haven't found what i'm looking for:
"I have climbed..."
me: "Achill yeah"

(don't ask)
biggrin.gif

------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-27-2001).]

Ok, as a swede it is really funny to hear that that "misheard" lyric of Sweetest thing is worldwide spread.
smile.gif

So, on a radioprogram here in sweden a group of people amuse themselves with changing the lyric to radiohits and record them with the new lyric and broadcast them in their show. I will do whatever it takes to find their recording of Sweetest thing when they turned it into the Swedish thing. They are really, really funny!

*out on a mission*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

At first listen my older sis thought 'Wild Honey' was 'Wild Bunny'. It has since spoilt the song for me and I hear 'Wild Bunny' in my head every time
frown.gif

Jon

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

BWAHAHAAH!! @ Wild Bunny

It could have been the ST for Monty Python's movie, what the heck it's called!! Ye know, with the rabbit, hehe

Originally posted by bono_man:
At first listen my older sis thought 'Wild Honey' was 'Wild Bunny'. It has since spoilt the song for me and I hear 'Wild Bunny' in my head every time
frown.gif

Dammit...now I'm always gonna hear "Wild Bunny" too! *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
frown.gif

Jon

Thanks for giving me my first big laugh of the day! I'm reading Watership Down, one of my favourite books, right now so this seems incredibly appropriate!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

Its not too bad cos its a fun song...it makes me smile everytime I hear it. It it was something a little more serious So Cool (Cruel)- very basic and lame example, I think I would have been more upset!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Dammit...now I'm always gonna hear "Wild Bunny" too! *lol*

I know what you mean. Someone once posted how, in the little rap thing at the beginning of Elevation, they heard "Look at me I'm smoking pot" and now that's all I hear. (It's not on the lyric sheet either, so I can't find out what he's really saying in order to get the other out of my head
frown.gif
)

On the other hand, considering that blurb in the NY Post, maybe that really is what he's saying
wink.gif

OK, I know I should know this one but during SBS does Bono scream "no more" or "no war".

And as for misheard lyrics, around the time Pop came out, I posted on AOL's U2 message board. Someone posted the lyrics to Discoteque as "You know you're chewing bolly brob." and the fans on the board adopted it, calling themselves Bolly Brobbers.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom